Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2023, 14:53   #16
r8d
BHPian

Re: The story of a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander | Back from the dead

Quite a crazy project. I own a black 2009 outlander too that I love.
And this was really helpful in case of future issues.
r8d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 10:34   #17

That's quite a journey, which I must say, a lot of people (including me) wouldn't have dared to undertake. Kudos and trouble free driving, to you!

My sister and I both bought pre loved (2010) outlanders around 2017/18. She bought hers from Jaipur and I got mine from Pune. My sister let go of hers a couple of years ago, with a failing transmission (CVT oil goof up by her mechanic). I still have mine. She runs like a dream and is dependable, though she's squeaks abound (almost all the time). Whilst I have considered another/a replacement car, I havent found anything that I believe would be a true (and reasonably priced) replacement. My regular use is minimal, and the main purpose of the car is to take my two dogs out on the weekends. Don't think I will let her go till she quits on me (which I hope won't happen).

I used to use a workshop in Bhandup (Mumbai) that claimed to be an authorised workshop, and switched to a friendly neighbourhood mechanic in South Mumbai earlier this year. He's good for small and odd fixes, but I haven't found a good mechanic for regular servicing etc. Any leads from Outlander peeps in Mumbai?
AVM85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 13:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8d View Post
Quite a crazy project. I own a black 2009 outlander too that I love.
And this was really helpful in case of future issues.
Do you have a trustworthy mechanic/service center for your lady? Grateful for any leads.
Old 24th October 2023, 22:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Key takeaways

1. I am myself an advocate of condition-based engine oil replacement, and had advised a quick term oil change on this car knowing that the condition of the engine oil was tending to bad. However, this was a classic case of the oil being stretched too far.
2. I've seen sludging/gumming in cars of the 90s and 2000s when oil grades would be API SF/SG at best, but to see this on a modern day car with better grade oils is strange.
3. Coolant and engine oil - keep a watch on their condition and have them changed at periodic intervals. Else be prepared to face the music.
Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to revive the car again and wake her back to life. And a great lesson on importance of changing fluids in a timely manner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks