Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 19:29   #1
BHPian

Clutch Setting in the Swift

got my swift yesterday and while driving it back from the showroom i realized that i have to release the clutch pedal a lot more than in my other car (2000lancer). because of this i had a few occassions in traffic where i revved quite high (well, higher than normal) before the clutch engaged. and there was a bonk i press the accelerator and engage clutch.

i hope i'm able to explain this properly.

what i mean is.
in my old car, i release the clutch a little and i can accelerate.
in the swift, i have to lift my foot a lot more.

is it like this in all swifts? is there any point in having the clutch setting changed or should i just get used to it.

and the brakes, they're damn sensitive, i tried blipping while downshifting and the car nearly stopped .. guess it takes a while to get used to the swift.

also the steering, it's really light. doesnt give the impression that the car around it is quite heavy, i'd have preferred a little more feedback

thoughts...
Old 27th July 2007, 20:17   #2
BHPian

swift clutch..

looks like you've got a new swift! I was the first one to own a swift two years back in Noida. Covered 32k kms. As for the clutch settings, if its getting released too late, then you better get it adjusted, because the clutch slipage may. I adjust my swift's clutch myself .

The sterering is light but i have noticed it going hard over a period of time!
Old 27th July 2007, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Hey Optimus,

I guess i'm no pro but i've driven a few Swifts and did notice this clutch setting on all of them. Apparently thats how they've set the clutch settings on swifts but I'm sure you can get this altered from your default setting . But I'd suggest you leave it the way it is since you'd easily get used to it after a while.

Yeah about the brakes, I'm sure they're spanking new, thats why
Old 27th July 2007, 20:47   #4
BHPian

You mean you have a tall clutch. I dont know about swifts since i've not driven one but its the same way in my Golf. They're known for tall clutches. What I mean is the pedal travel from unpressed to full depressed is a long way down and same way back until the clutch engages. Its the same in the Nissan 350Z as well.
It was not the same in my honda prelude however. The travel was really short and clutch engaged almost instantly.
Old 27th July 2007, 23:42   #5
BHPian

maybe i should wait for a bit longer, in that case.

@highway blaze, you got a lot of cars man....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks