Team-BHP - Accent Viva-Wiper Blades Issue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Accent Viva-Wiper Blades Issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/27041-accent-viva-wiper-blades-issue.html)

Guys, I was driving home a couple of days back in heavy rains and when i was using the wiper, it made a slight noise while doing its duty and now i observe that there is a creaking sound ( not too loud) for every swipe it makes.
Does it mean that my wiper blades have gone for a toss?:Shockked: I bought my car ( Accent Viva) last October after the rainy season and been using the wipers since quite recently.

Do I have to change the wiper blades? If yes, then its quite disappointing that it didnt last me even one season. Any idea how much would it cost to replace these wiper blades? Thanks !

Quote:

Guys, I was driving home a couple of days back in heavy rains and when i was using the wiper, it made a slight noise while doing its duty and now i observe that there is a creaking sound ( not too loud) for every swipe it makes.
Check if the wipers are not too pressed onto windscreen. The wiper motor might be under strain.

Quote:

Do I have to change the wiper blades? If yes, then its quite disappointing that it didnt last me even one season. Any idea how much would it cost to replace these wiper blades? Thanks !
A set of Bosch wipers would be around 300-400 rupee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pankaj401 (Post 518400)
Check if the wipers are not too pressed onto windscreen. The wiper motor might be under strain

Suppose it is pressed to the windscreen, how do i correct this situation?

Or the rubber might have got hard, replace them or use a cotton dipped in alcohol to soften them a bit. Just swipe the wet cotton on the blades once/twice.

Have a similar situation here. Changed my blades, they were old anyways. The new ones make even more of a rubbing sound! Seems like the blades are being pressed a bit too hard on the glass. Anyways to correct this?

Sound strange. All the accents seems to have creaking sound with the wipers. My accent developed the same a couple of weeks back. mine is just 6 months old. The blades dont look cracked and is soft and the wiping is good enough.

The reasons could be

1. Old & hard rubber on the blades
2. Bent & out of shape wiper arm.
3. Windshield has too many big scratches.

or all of the above.
go about eliminating one after the other. First replace your blades. the esteem blades cost about 300-350 for a pair. If it is still there, replace the wiper arms. This should be enough. else check for deep scratches in your windshield.
cheers

dudes i have the problem from from day one and i am just hard to ignore it for i had it replaced and all that went in vain! please any other suggestions other than the alcohol rubbing!

Try Glycerine rubbing then, it a stronger and longer solution for softening the rubber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 519067)
The reasons could be

1. Old & hard rubber on the blades
2. Bent & out of shape wiper arm.
3. Windshield has too many big scratches.

or all of the above.
go about eliminating one after the other. First replace your blades. the esteem blades cost about 300-350 for a pair. If it is still there, replace the wiper arms. This should be enough. else check for deep scratches in your windshield.
cheers

Thanks E_L, the guy who cleans my car daily keeps the front and rear wiper open ( indication that he cleaned the car:p ). Could it be possible that this fella is doing a rough and shoddy job and may have twisted the wiper arm or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 519453)
Thanks E_L, the guy who cleans my car daily keeps the front and rear wiper open ( indication that he cleaned the car:p ). Could it be possible that this fella is doing a rough and shoddy job and may have twisted the wiper arm or something?

Ditto for my car cleaner.:mad: He vigorously cleans the wiper rubber, about which I have scolded him a number of times - to little or no avail.

I also have a Viva CRDi October 2006. The Viva / Accent seems to have this issue with wiper blades - as the same kind of sound emits from the blades on operation - BUT the rubber is soft & the sweep cleans well. So just gotta live with it I guess, but slightest hardening merits a change or else scratches the windscreen.

Cheers

It is best to change the blades every year just before the monsoon. The rubber does tend to harden.

mobike... the cleaning guy should be educated about the problems his action could cause. BTW, it is good that he cleans the wiper blades, but he has to be gentle on the arms. go to either side of the car to clean each wiper instead on standing on one side & pulling the other wiper.

Hi
This is was there on my baleno too, and changed the wiper bladed to Bosch @ 220 Bucks ( A fake I am sure) but no comppaints on that since I was getting a streak free cleaning but the creakin continued, the guy who put them just bent the blades physically to adjust to the curve of the glass this had reduced the creaking for some time but its back now.

I am getting them replaced with the OE. let see if it helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 518421)
Or the rubber might have got hard, replace them or use a cotton dipped in alcohol to soften them a bit. Just swipe the wet cotton on the blades once/twice.

Better still, pour the alcohol (preferably clear alcohol like vodka) into the windshield wiper reservoir. 30ml should do just fine. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 520788)
Better still, pour the alcohol (preferably clear alcohol like vodka) into the windshield wiper reservoir. 30ml should do just fine. ;)

And, have one connection passing through the bonnet-dashboard and insert a straw so we can sip while driving. That's what i call a real dual purpose provision rl: