Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 12:20   #1

Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT

Hello all,

First off, regards to everyone, this is my first post and one of the main reasons I needed to join this community. I hope someone can offer me some advice on how to deal with my problem below.

I purchased a Tata Punch Creative MT (Chassis No.MAT634083PPB26858 & Engine No.REVTRN20BWXM28571) from the Tata Shillong showroom on the 29th of March, 2023. I was initially very pleased with the car as it was a pleasure to drive. However, within a month of the purchase and to date, it has started giving me multiple problems.

1. The co-driver power window started getting stuck after about a month of purchase. I have taken the car 4 times to the SC to resolve this issue, yet it remains.

2. On the 14th of August, 2023, the car overheated when I was driving in town. I parked the car and on checking the engine compartment, found that the coolant fluid had completely leaked. I have a video of this. I tried calling the team at the SC but they told me that they could not provide roadside assistance and that I would have to drive the car to the SC to fix the issue. I had to find a local mechanic who examined the car and found that the clamp that fixes one of the coolant pipes from the engine to the radiator had come loose. He assured me that it could only happen if the clamp was loose from the time the vehicle was sold to me. I had to get it fixed from him.

3. I have encountered 3 previous instances where the brake freezes when I am trying to drive down slowly on a slope. It gets stuck halfway and the car moves ahead even though I am trying to stop it completely. In such a situation, I have had to pump the brake to get it to go all the way down. I had imagined this was just an issue of the brakes being “new”. On the 25th of August 2023, a similar situation resulted in the car driving into a wall and scratching the right side front panel. My girlfriend and daughter were in the car with me and will testify to what happened. I am extremely lucky that the slope in question was a gentle one within the town and not one next to a cliff.

The Tata SC kept my vehicle for 1 week after this and assured me that they had checked the brake issue, including ABS, all pipes, etc., and found no issues. However, I have gone online and seen multiple cases where the same issue has happened with other Tata Punch owners around the country, including one review on this forum itself.

Finally, on one "long test drive", which I kept insisting on, their test driver encountered the same problem while going down a slope. However, when he informed the SC manager about this, he dismissed the test driver's feedback since it "sounded like a small problem that only happened once". It was only when I spoke to the test driver myself the next day that the problem was finally brought to light and confirmed by him.

I am aghast that such a new car should have so many problems. I am looking for advice on how to deal with this. The Tata SC people are adamant that fixing a brake booster will fix the issue but are unwilling to give me a statement in writing for the same. I feel like I have been cheated out of my hard-earned money. I am lost for ideas and I do not know what to do. I am kindly asking for your advice and help.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2023 at 19:01. Reason: Typos, language, spacing
PilgrimM88 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2023, 03:45   #2

Re: Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT

Could you elaborate:
- Have you taken standard/ extended warranty?
- How many services you've had since the purchase?
- If you've pointed out the problems with the co-passanger window and breaking issue to the ASS people, what was mentioned in the customer comments (or relevant) section of the job card and what were the SCs closing comments? Did you retain a copy of the service job card?
- Have you considered taking to another Tata ASS nearby to get the problem rectified?
- Have you tried to find out about the escalation matrix for the SC and try to determine who owns the SC or of it's a part of a bigger group, then what escalation matrix they follow? Usually your find all these information at the front desk, waiting area bulletin board etc.
- Judging by what you've written, it appears that you've been told that fixing the brake booster would resolve your issue. What's the reason for your apprehension that it wouldn't work? Have they already done it and you're still experiencing issues?

Last edited by lonewanderer : 13th September 2023 at 03:56. Reason: Added last question
lonewanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:39   #3

Shoot a video of the issue taking precautions not to drive or be distracted on the road. Share it with tata customer care, and approach another service center.
ANIKETMH007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
Could you elaborate:
- Have you taken standard/ extended warranty?
- How many services you've had since the purchase?
- If you've pointed out the problems with the co-passanger window and breaking issue to the ASS people, what was mentioned in the customer comments (or relevant) section of the job card and what were the SCs closing comments? Did you retain a copy of the service job card?
- Have you considered taking to another Tata ASS nearby to get the problem rectified?
- Have you tried to find out about the escalation matrix for the SC and try to determine who owns the SC or of it's a part of a bigger group, then what escalation matrix they follow? Usually your find all these information at the front desk, waiting area bulletin board etc.
- Judging by what you've written, it appears that you've been told that fixing the brake booster would resolve your issue. What's the reason for your apprehension that it wouldn't work? Have they already done it and you're still experiencing issues?
I have taken standard warranty. And yes, I do have a record of all services and jobs done so far on the car.

So the window got replaced and they fixed the booster, both on warranty. This was back in September. However just yesterday i.e. the 1st April 2024, the car got stuck in heavy traffic because the gear would not budge. This was at 9 pm at night and I had to get it towed to the TM workshop area. They found out the clutch was bent (an issue that the SC described as unique and so rare that he hasn't seen anything similar in all his professional years).

I'm attaching an image of the same.
Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT-img20240402wa0033.jpeg

They replaced the clutch, changed the gear cable and gear selector and the issue would not get resolved. I've had to leave the car there.

Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT-20240402_181134.jpg

Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT-20240402_181122.jpg

Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT-20240402_181159.jpg

Multiple issues with a 5-month old Tata Punch Creative MT-20240402_181202.jpg

I spoke to their representative for the NorthEast of India requesting that they declare my car as faulty and either refund my money or give me another car as there have been so many issues in just this tiny space of time. And I have lost faith in this vehicle. But they said they have no policy for the same amd the best they can do is to iffer me extended warranty at a discounted cost. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Last edited by graaja : 2nd April 2024 at 19:23. Reason: Fixing typos. Inserting images.
PilgrimM88 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks