Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Just got his problem today in my Getz, a drip of water, not inside the car, but outside, it drops from the right mudflap. I had parked my car in the garage for a full day, and notice this trail of water this morning. At first I thought it may be the wiper fluid, but the container is full. I suspect it is the blocked drainage hole. Any idea where it is located and whether it's a DIY job?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:40   #17
BHPian

Water logging In Aveo

Twice I face this problem whenever it rains. The rear passenger side foot area(only on right side) was soaked with water. Only on the foot area carpet, not a single drop is seen in any other place

First time I'd noticed this around 1 1/2 month back after a big rain.
Vijay(GM) guys thoroughly checked my car, after removing seats and carpets(to takeout base carpet we have to remove seats - a big work) by spraying water to all doors/rubber bleedings from outside, put up the car in ramp and tried to spray it from underbody. Not a single drop is coming side. Then we thought, may be in hurry during the rain I didn't close back side door properly. Actually the back door we have to close very strongly.

But again yesterday evening I was driving through some mild rain, back home I have checked the rear passenger foot area, the carpet was soaked with water. That too only on the "right rear passenger side foot area", and not a single water droplets on any other place. The rain was not that heavy and I didn't drive through much water logged area also.Looks like water is coming from under body only. This time i am sure all doors/glass were closed properly.

I am really worried about this. Please help me.

Spoke with Vijay guys, today I didn't get time to take the vehicle and tomorrow they are closed because of election. Now only on Monday I can take my car to service center.

Is there any rubber plug in the floor bed of Aveo, last time when i checked I couldn't find any? Then where is the water outlet?

Last edited by kavu75 : 9th May 2008 at 14:46.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Is there any rubber plug in the floor bed of Aveo, last time when i checked I couldn't find any? Then where is the water outlet?
Hard luck man. Very weird problem. While you are yet to take it to the service center, just park the car in a covered parking lot, remove the carpet and open the windows a little so that your car can dry. Else corrosion may set in.
I hope the GM guys sort out the problem. they better! Else take it to some private mechanic. i know one one JC road.
Worry not,
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 9th May 2008, 16:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
just park the car in a covered parking lot, remove the carpet and open the windows a little so that your car can dry. Harsha
Thanks for the update. Today i have to wipe out the water with some sponge or something. I can't take out the carpet, we need to remove seats for that. Planning to take to Vijay itself since they have already worked on it once.
Old 18th May 2008, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Water log problem solved!

Last Tuesday I had taken my vehicle to Vijay(GM Bangalore) to fix the water log issue. This was the second time I had gone there with similar problem and met Mr. Sunil there. Looks like this time they have identified the root problem.
This is what they have informed me.
"Near to the bonnet release cable, there is a bypass connection to the center locking / autocop. While fixing the autocop they are using some groom kind stuff to fix the cable. And in my case the groom has come out and through that hole water is going inside. First water is coming to driver side carpet area , since there is 1-2 inch thick rubber kind material is there under the carpet, so water is flowing to the rear area through a small hole."
The reason they are telling is while installing autocop initially they didn't fix the groom properly. And my autocop was done by Sundaram.
I have paid some Rs 720 towards cleaning the carpet/labour charges, windshield cleaning.
Hope this will solve my problem and waiting for next rain to check that.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2008, 17:42   #21
BHPian

Today morning there were heavy rains in Delhi. While coming to Office I noticed that there was water dripping on the front passenger side. The rain was falling very heavily and there was no point in stopping and inspecting.

So I kept on driving and reached my office. Rains have stopped by that time so asked a house-keeping guy to sponge out the water from car, and he did a good job.

Then I took the car to MGF Hyundai service center, there they identified the problem and recommended cowl cleaning; and charged 120 bucks for it.

But I have no way of knowing whether the problem have been corrected. So waiting for next rains.

\N
Old 26th May 2008, 19:00   #22
BHPian

I had exactly the same experience with my getz. After I'd removed the wipers and the plastic cover to thoroghly clean and flush the portion I turned on the blower the next day to find it not working. After a couple of hours in the sun though it worked perfectly alright but now has a very faint but annoying sound on level 1 which ironically I use to 'avoid' the noise of air blellowing through the a/c vents.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:32   #23
BHPian

We have faced the water leaking issue in my friend's GETZ yesterday during the heavy rains in BLR. The car is in Advaith Hyundai for service and diagnosis of this issue. Looking at the posts on this thread it seems to be a common issue on all Getz.Will update you all tomorrow on the status.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:18   #24
BHPian

The issue was identified as the blocakage caused by leaves and other foreign particles on the drain vent under wiper. It was cleaned and checked by poring water over the glass. No leak was found.Waiting for next rain to see if the issue is solved completely or not.
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:38   #25

Re: Leaking Getz - weird issue - solved

Hi Risga,

I am having the same issue with my Getz GLS. Its been raining heavily in Chennai these past few days and i saw today that water is there only on the passenger side and i saw it leaking below the dashboard. Did you finally get a solution to your problem. Is this something one can fix it on their own or need to take it to a service shop. The reason I am asking is, Hyundai service centers in Chennai are a total rip off. They are very expensive.

Look forward to your advise.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy7 View Post
Hi Risga,

I am having the same issue with my Getz GLS. Its been raining heavily in Chennai these past few days and i saw today that water is there only on the passenger side and i saw it leaking below the dashboard. Did you finally get a solution to your problem. Is this something one can fix it on their own or need to take it to a service shop. The reason I am asking is, Hyundai service centers in Chennai are a total rip off. They are very expensive.

Look forward to your advise.
Hi CarCrazy. The problem is that there is a lot of dirt and probably dry leaves stuck under the plastic tray below the front wipers. Try taking it out and clear the drain hole on the right hand side of that area. Once clear the leakage into the car will stop. This is a common problem in the Getz.

I sold my Getz a few years back but I remember having the same problem. If my memory serves me right the location is as shown in the picture below. It is a DIY job, but even the service centre should do it for free.

*The picture is for reference only and isnt/wasnt my car*
Attached Thumbnails
Leaking Getz - weird issue - solved-img_0682.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:34   #27

Thanks Fullrevs, thank you so much for the pic and explanation. Ill do this and post the outcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks