Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:06   #1
BHPian

weird allignment/suspension problem.

Hi,
I have a weird problem in my Getz.At 28000 km,after a 2500km long drive,I noticed my front right tyre wearing out from the inside.I took it to General tyres,JC road for a check up(This is where I get my allignment done every 5000km without fail).The reading showed a negative camber.I took the car to Trident Hyundai,seshadripuram & after much debate they changed the strut assembly under warranty.Subsequent allignments were done at 34000km & 39000 km & the readings were normal.Now,after the 40000km service,I have negative camber readings again.To double check,I got the allignment done at Madhu's at double road,who has a laser allignment machine & to my surprise,the camber readings were normal.Nobody is giving me a clear explanation,not even Trident.In the process,the Michelins are wearing out prematurely.Can tyre pundits on the forum tell me what to do I don't mind getting a third opinion from another allignment shop that somebody can suggest.
Old 4th August 2007, 03:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

What is the Tyre size of the Michelins? What was the size of the ones that came stock? Are both front tyres wearing out at the same rate.
Old 4th August 2007, 10:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What is the Tyre size of the Michelins? What was the size of the ones that came stock? Are both front tyres wearing out at the same rate.
The Michelins are 195/60 R14 on Aura alloys.The stock ones were 175/70 R13.Both the front tyres are NOT wearing out at the same rate,only the front right.But I've rotated the tyres thrice in the last 12000 km & now all of them are worn out on the inside.
Yesterday,I got it checked in Trident & believe it or not,the machine reads negative camber on the left & not on the right
Old 4th August 2007, 11:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

it can be LT side itself, since you were rotating you might have overlooked which wheel was the culprit.

What the alignment reading variance from the stock?

From your post i gather its heavy wear (12000 kms and all 4 tyres) if so replacement of faulty strut is the only safe choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks