Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How long do you wait to switch on the AC in your car during a cold start ?
Immediately on starting 52 22.41%
1-2 Mins after start 93 40.09%
4-5 Mins after start 71 30.60%
10 or more Mins after start 16 6.90%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 20:41   #166
BHPian

i vote 4-5 mins cos thats when my santro's engine gets heated up good enough
Old 7th June 2008, 21:04   #167
BHPian

In the NHC we don't have a temprature gauge, we got hot and cold lights instead. So when I cold start I idle till the cold light goes off which takes a min or so and by the time i reverse the car out of the garage its warm enough to switch on the AC.

Last edited by sidd_city : 7th June 2008 at 21:18.
Old 7th June 2008, 21:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

All wrong so far

You are all wrong so far. Amazing. What a bunch of chuckle heads!!!

The correct way is for you to sit quietly in your favorite chair sipping a cold beverage while you watch the news or ESPN. Let your good and dutiful wife go out in the blazing hot sun and start your car and turn on the A/C. Then after a few minutes when the car interior has cooled sufficiently, sally forth and take on the day.

It does not matter how she does it, as long as she does it. She will thank you later for letting her attend to your needs and letting her find fulfillment as a woman by serving you. Do not deprive her of these small happinesses.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 7th June 2008 at 21:36. Reason: left out a word
Old 7th June 2008, 23:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post

The correct way is for you to sit quietly in your favorite chair sipping a cold beverage while you watch the news or ESPN. Let your good and dutiful wife go out in the blazing hot sun and start your car and turn on the A/C. Then after a few minutes when the car interior has cooled sufficiently, sally forth and take on the day.

It does not matter how she does it, as long as she does it. She will thank you later for letting her attend to your needs and letting her find fulfillment as a woman by serving you. Do not deprive her of these small happinesses.
lolz! what if you are somewhere else far from home!
Old 25th June 2008, 11:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post

You are damn lucky to have such a wonderful wife, congratulations.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:47   #171
Senior - BHPian

In the morning i start the car and let it idle for 4-5 minutes, then move the car outside and switch AC on full with rear windows open, and while i close the garage door and came back , its super chill ...... otherwise i switch on the AC 2-3mins after starting the car ....

Last edited by Rahulkool : 25th June 2008 at 11:49.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:26   #172
Senior - BHPian

i turn on the ac immediately but idle the car for 1-2 minutes with the ac on and windows down, because the cars i have are diesel and idling is a must for the car's (turbo's) health, and i am chilling and fiddling with the ICE at the same time.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:44   #173
BHPian

i dont know how it works for mpfi engines but in a carb engine in perfect tune cranking, ac on and immediate movement is not a problem and in winter with heater on, again its not a problem as the Fast Idler Breaker will come do its job to keep the revs higher until the optimum engine temperature is attained and then revs will drop to normal idle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks