Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

EPC Light On

My Octavia 1.8Tpi was running a bit rough in the morning. Suddenly, the EPC light came on and there was lots of shudder. On calling up the A.S.S. they said that the throttle body has to be checked. But, when i restarted the engine, the light went off and the car was running smoothly.

Guys, any idea what could be wrong? Can I drive the car for some time or do I have to go to the A.S.S. now?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:31   #2
BHPian

Reset the ecu and hope the light doesn't come on again, before going to the a.s.s.
Old 9th August 2007, 19:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
My Octavia 1.8Tpi was running a bit rough in the morning. Suddenly, the EPC light came on and there was lots of shudder. On calling up the A.S.S. they said that the throttle body has to be checked. But, when i restarted the engine, the light went off and the car was running smoothly.

Guys, any idea what could be wrong? Can I drive the car for some time or do I have to go to the A.S.S. now?

Thanks in advance.
EPC and check engine light is the same right?

This can happen even if any of the sensor (There are a lot to name!) is malfunctioning due to dust or water drops. As Rohan said reset your ECU and you should not get the wanning again. To reset the ECU- keep the ignition in OFF condition and remove battery -ve cable-This is the easiest and safest way. If you still see the Check Engine warning, call the Skoda's authorized service station. Never drive the vehicle with this light on- you never know what exactly is the reason for it.

My safari Dicor twice showed this warning- Once due to a "crank angle sensor" dust accumulation and the other time it was just due to low fuel! Yeah even low fuel will give you a warning- the ECU that determines how much fuel need to be pumped to each inlet valves (my case its a common rail system- Octy Petrol has MPFI i beleive) and if there is not enough fuel available for the fuel pump then you will get the warning.
Old 9th August 2007, 20:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Didn't reset the ECU as the light stayed off. On scanning, the system read OK. But, while parking the car at home, the light came on again. Really strange.
Old 9th August 2007, 20:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Happens due to dust particles. Faced this problem in the diesel . Called up the A.S.S. - told them the light was on but the car drives perfect , no loss in power or anything. They asked me to drive on, but to make sure that the RPM did not fall below 1000. Well I drove on for 2 months without a problem even when the revs went below 1000. got it rectified later. the sensors are pretty sensitive. maybe it was just dust or water.
Old 18th December 2012, 11:29   #6

Skoda 1.9TDI Error Report

i recently bought a 2008 skoda amb based in mumbai. on a drive recently, i had the glow plug light flashing and engine check light on. on diagnostics, the error report came as Quantity Adjuster N146 Control Difference. Once we cleared the error - it ran for about 100 kms - the error has showed up again. what are the potential issues ? i've heard scary reports of Skoda service - but anybody knows any reliable private service centre ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks