Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:51   #1

Octavia: Engine responsiveness linked to error code?

Hi guys, posting after a while, so feels good to be back. My 2019 diesel MT Octy was at the FNG for a few days for some paint work, and when I finally got it back last evening, I felt a distinct lack of responsiveness from the usually preppy engine. That feeling of getting pushed back against the seat whenever I push the accelerator hard (no tuning, mind!) was missing, I thought, although I had very limited chance of actually pushing hard in central Chennai traffic. I told the FNG owner I'd take it back to him this morning for a scan. Which I did, and when they plugged their magic tablet (still don't know what it's called LOL) on to the engine, everything was green, thankfully, except for one solitary line of red that threw up the error code U111000. Looked it up online, but couldn't make much of it. Funnily, once the technician got rid of the code, it didn't come back, and then, when we took the car out again for a short test drive (both he and I drove back to back), I felt that the engine responsiveness was somewhat back, and could again feel that force of acceleration when pushed hard enough (again limited in what I could do on city roads).

What do you experts think was the problem here? I'm not willing to bet I wasn't imagining things last evening (because I really couldn't push it nearly hard enough in peak time traffic), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't entirely imagination. My initial worry was water damage from the recent floods, but I had moved the car to higher ground in time, and the FNG categorically said there was no damage (had specifically asked them to check this urgently). The technician said something along the lines of there probably being some kinda communication issue (going by the error code) that also ended up affecting the ABS, but he didn't sound entirely convincing. I'm happy that the Octy has 'woken up' again, but just have this thing lingering in my mind. TIA for all your opinions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks