Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 12:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed

Thanks to Avinash for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi Team-BHP

Sharing my experience here to inform fellow enthusiasts.

I purchased a VW Virtus 1.5 GT+ MT (MY24) at the end of Dec 23 after a waiting period of 2 months and have driven about 1000 kms to date. I had parked my car in the office parking bay one morning and when I returned the evening to pick it up, observed the lower half of the front windscreen and rear windscreen had fogged up on the inside. The climate in Chennai was hot that morning and was surprised to see that only my car was fogged up amongst the 100 others. A mild stale smell also emanated when the AC was switched on. Had not observed the smell earlier and neither during that morning en route to the office. Next day while cleaning - I lifted the floor mat under the driver and passenger seat and observed they were also wet. My initial fear was whether I had been delivered a new car which was flood-affected as Chennai was flooded during the start of December. But my SA assured me that it was not the case as my car was manufactured well after the floods in Chennai had happened.

I gave my car to check this concern during the 1st service at one of the service centres in Chennai and they explained to me that they are following a TSB issued by VW to inspect the HVAC system, particularly the drain hose which collects the AC condensation. I was informed one more Virtus was reported for the same issue. If they are unable to trace the concern the whole dashboard might have to be removed to inspect further. The thought of ripping apart the dash on a brand new car gave me a mild heart attack as I was not sure how professionally this would be removed and refit.

My query to fellow enthusiasts is whether has anyone experienced this issue on the Virtus or any of the VAG 2.0 cars. This observation on a 20 lakh plus car is totally unacceptable and has left me with a sour taste. That said I am patient and asked them to take time to resolve the concern carefully. Hoping VW resolves it, Will update you on the progress of the same.

Sharing pics of water seepage under the mats. Could not capture the pictures of the fogged-up windshield
Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed-virtuswaterseepage1.jpg

Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed-virtuswaterseepage2.jpg

Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed-virtuswaterseepage3.jpg

Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed-virtuswaterseepage4.jpg
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 12:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Water seeps inside my month-old VW Virtus's cabin; Entire dashboard might have to be removed

I too faced the same issue when AC water draining tube was pulled out mistakenly during the front camera installation. Had to remove and dried the entire carpet. That tube is front right underneath of the passengers side.
Jebs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks