Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:36   #1
BANNED

Maruti 800 STD & 800 DX..pros & cons ?

would like to know the major pros & cons of these two car in terms of drive/FE in city and highways/Maintenance. does 5th gear in DX ( not available in 800 STD) would provide anything edge over 800 STD. TIA.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Std comes without AC and the other version comes with AC with everything else remaining the same.
Btw there is no more a 5 speed version of the 800 anymore
And if u are talking about the older 800s than the STD came with a leaf spring suspension behind and the DX version came with a zen type suspension and Airconditioner.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:38   #3
BHPian

Maruti 800 AC

Dear Members,
I have a Maruti 800 STD model MPFI 2003 model.If I want to fit a AC now will it be OK.What are the pros and cons of fitting a AC in a old car as compared to a factory fitted one.I was thinking of an AC due to the fogging of the windshield problems i face during long drives during the rains.
Thanks in advance,
Fergus
Old 24th August 2007, 11:49   #4
BHPian

Apart from the AC, some additional things that come in the DX model are - Tinted glasses (green), split rear seat backrest, left side mirror and door mouldings that prevent scratches on the sides. The 5-speed 800 has a 45bhp engine (Alto engine) and gearbox. It would give better mileage and acceleration and if you are looking for a used 800, a 5speed 800 is the one you should go for. Worth every penny on it. Period.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

my friend had a std 800.It did not have a AC and rest of the stuff was same.However i noticed the quality of interiors like door locks etc was a little inferior to Dx version
Old 15th February 2008, 13:13   #6
BHPian

Airconditioning Of Maruti 800

HI, you can easily get your 800 airconditioned , but only go for SUBROS since it is custom built for your car . Along with this you will allso have to get your radiator fan replaced with a 120 watt fan .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Dear Members,
I have a Maruti 800 STD model MPFI 2003 model.If I want to fit a AC now will it be OK.What are the pros and cons of fitting a AC in a old car as compared to a factory fitted one.I was thinking of an AC due to the fogging of the windshield problems i face during long drives during the rains.
Thanks in advance,
Fergus
alankarmotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 11:32   #7
BHPian

Re: Maruti 800 STD & 800 DX..pros & cons ?

Mods: Couldn't find another relevant thread. Please move if inappropriate.

Hi

My 800s alternator bearing was replaced in early 2014, when it started making noise. The car had done about 55k kms then. Got it replaced at MASS and the front drive shaft was also replaced.Now it stands at 67k. The sound has come again. Should I get it replaced. I don't drive this car often these days. My esteem had its alternator bearing and rectifier replaced at 110k only. Even then,it was a preventive replacement when they took out the alternator for repairs. Why is this failing so early and frequently in this car? Is it a common issue for 800s? Is there any problem if it is left like that and live with the noise?

PS: now everything rattles in this car louder than Horns!. Doors, seats, and now this Drive shaft and bearing. I get so much attention on the road, numerous head turns especially at the signals while idling, trust me, double the attention what my Linea gets.

Last edited by Umesh Kumar61 : 21st August 2015 at 11:41. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks