Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2024, 23:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Paint mismatch at Honda workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Before & after photos of the tailgate dent repair of my 7Y old Chill Metallic Ecosport. Paint was matched perfectly by Mr. Chari (Goans will be familiar with the name) using a blending thinner coat layer in between the base (applied to the damaged part only after the dent was pulled & surface leveled) & clear paint coats
Hey Hemant, would love to know more about this Mr.Chari.
Old 9th May 2024, 07:10   #17
BHPian

I possess two Honda vehicles and opt for independent garages (FNG) for all body repairs. At FNG, they take the extra step of matching colors by using the front bumper tow hook cover during the paint preparation process, ensuring a seamless finish.
The craftsmanship at the Honda body shop consistently disappoints, marked by mismatched paints, poorly aligned panels, and paint specks on unpainted or rubber components. Compounding the issue, Honda does not make its body parts available in the aftermarket, leading to inflated prices in the open market.
In your situation, you can opt to have the other part painted to ensure color consistency.
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 08:27   #18
BHPian

I have been firm regarding the reasons why the paint shade does not match and quality deteriorates, once that is sorted, its very well understood that the user has no role to play in this.

Flaws in paint on the panels, caused by a user will be easily identifiable and the service centre will be quick to point that out.

My experience with Fortpoint for Maruti Suzuki has been slightly different (pleasant).

Believe me, I have made them paint the panels until they could get it correct, (matching the shade and no flaws like blisters, bubbling, flaking, pinholes etc) till three years after first paint application.

All of the above flaws depend on the paint application process and the equipment used, so whoever does the job must do it again until you are satisfied.

Most common reason is that their driers are not functional and the air/nitrogen used for spray painting has a lot of moisture in it causing all the problems with changing of shade, blisters, flaking etc.

Matching the shade, in fact even the metallic flake density in metallic finish paints is not difficult (I have even got that corrected once from Millennium Toyota, Thane), so you must approach the service centre, be polite but say it firmly that its a low quality job from the service centre and they must correct it without any charges.

A FNG might not entertain repeated painting service free of cost, but an authorised service centre is obliged to do that.
Old 9th May 2024, 08:39   #19

This generally happens when technicians do not adhere to the correct composition as advised by manufacturer. Ask the dealer to repaint it. I had a similar experience with my car and dealer agreed to repaint it and got it matched.
Old 9th May 2024, 09:26   #20
BHPian

I always buy Silver color car, the simple reason is that Silver color paint ages slowly as compared to dark colored cars.

India being a tropical country where sunlight is strong for 10 months in a year, the Dark paint of cars ages faster and the car loses its shine quickly. Further, if you ever have to change a panel the paint color can never match the color of rest of the car which has actually become faded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks