Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2024, 07:46   #1

XUV700 AT Power and gear shifting worsened after 1st free service

Hi BHPians,

This is my first post after becoming part of the community here but I have been regular reader of forum.

I bought new XUV700 P AT AX7L few months back and gave it for 1st free service in March'24 at around 800 km ODO.

I explained only 1 major issue to the SA before the service:
1. Noise from front wheels while starting from 0 on accelerator or while braking and moving during taking out of parking in the morning regularly. It always happens and read some other users also facing the same.

Other minor issue - Seat memory function was not functioning consistently all the time and sometimes would lose the memory.

He said he may update the softwares and it will be ok, for the noise he said it is due to moisture in brakes and he will clean the brakes. - Although I told him in Bangalore during summer months and in my parking area there is no moisture.

There was one O-ring coolant pipe replacement recall showing in system and SA said they will have to do a replacement as a regular recall process.

Now problem that got created after the service is on the gear shifting and power. Totally unexpected since they did not make any such changes as it was a simple 1st service.

The vehicle doesnt feel as smooth on accelerator and engine seems more under load especially in the initial 1,2,3 gears (it is automatic, just intuitively figured when gear shifting happens) mostly under 50 kmph, worst around 20-30 kmph when at 30 next gear shift usually happens. The RPM even goes uptill 3k for 2nd to 3rd shift and the engine revving sound increases but as much power is lacking.

Earlier I did not have to press on accelerator as hard, it was very soft and gear shifting was not noticeable. Driving feel was butter smooth.

Now there is a big change and that driving pleasure has gone.

The SA says they did not do anything, and their expert tried driving around with me and said everything is normal.

SA is not clearly saying what all software upgrades were made, he did mention ECU update was done. The service record log is no longer showing in the Mahindra app now.

Need guidance on how to get this rectified. I really wish to get it back to what it was. It is a big deal very noticeable and many times even limiting on the road not getting enough power as needed.
mgcarenthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 08:30   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: XUV700 AT Power and gear shifting worsened after 1st free service

The 1st service is really a touch-and-go service. It's a formality. As such, any significant changes in vehicle behaviour are unlikely.

Bad petrol fill-up?

Low tyre pressure?

Placebo effect? Try driving another XUV700 AT and see if there is any difference.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 10:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Placebo effect? Try driving another XUV700 AT and see if there is any difference.
Exactly, they just lift it up check for leakages & under body damages and do a top-up if required and finally ensure that dashboard service sign is gone thats it. In reality they hardly spend 30 min on for first servicing (1000Km), the real first service is the 10K service
Old 11th May 2024, 12:43   #4

I am quite sure it is not placebo effect. Have driven for month+ and clearly feel the difference. petrol has been from same filling station and checked the tyre pressure also.

Can it be due to some engine related software tuning or updates ?
That is the only thing I suspect may be the reason.

What all type of softwares are there and what can impact.

This is exactly something one another friend also experienced without they even knowing about my issue, so no bias, when we casually happened to talk on servicing topic.

Btw, the front noise now happens at every movement from 0 speed not just the day's first movement. I think I will have to live with it as even SA said cannot do anything.
Old 11th May 2024, 15:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcarenthu View Post
Can it be due to some engine related software tuning or updates ?
That is the only thing I suspect may be the reason.

What all type of softwares are there and what can impact.
Most probably the TCM (Transmission Control Module) software was updated. You can confirm with the service center.

Drive normally with less accelerator input for some time as the software re-learns the driving style and adapts the shifting logic.
bejoy is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks