Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 22:39   #16
BANNED

Hmmm... all the previous vehicles I owned - the six wheeled, fourty three seater ones - had indicators to show battery usage. That was quite a few years ago. This seems to be an ammeter, which went to the negative side when discharge was more than the charging from alternator. There were a couple of other indicators on the dash, like oil pressure meter and the air pressure gauge. Together, all these gave the driver / owner a good indication of the engine health. (For example, low oil pressure at high RPM meant the engine was due for overhaul). The last mentioned is of course, is not required in small cars, of course. I do not know about the oil pressure gauge. But battery charge indicator seems to be a must on all vehicles.
I certainly miss it on my present car.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

First check your car alternator...I learnt it the hard way in my Santro..
My Exide used to hold charge only for 2 to 3 days and a cell became fully dead. Took it to hyundai and they said the problem is not with the electrical system. One of the head lights fused soon..I could not tolerate the battery and changed 1 year old battery to Amaron Maintenance free. When I checked the new battery after a ride, found battery acid over it.
Checked the electrical system in a Car electrical workshop and diagnosed the problem with alternator. Replaced the alternator regulator for around 2000 Rs. Problem solved.
Old 29th August 2007, 10:18   #18
BHPian

Hi
I understand, that I may have to replace the batteries.
What is the battery spec of Petra 1.6 ELX? In the manual, I could not find it.
Which battery I should go for (Exide, SF, Ameron)? Any suggestions, please.

Subodh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks