Team-BHP - Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28532-finding-vin-manufacturing-date-year-indian-cars-42.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand25 (Post 1819642)
MCA11021A09016280CNZ

Its an Euro 4, Linea Petrol ,Dynamic version Manufactured on March 2010.

Wildon,
For FIAT Punto, how does one find out from the VIN whether the car is BS3 or BS4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aanandb (Post 1820808)
Wildon,
For FIAT Punto, how does one find out from the VIN whether the car is BS3 or BS4?

refer here for BS3 codes and here for BS4 codes

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1816354)
Check under the bonnet there will be additional two letters like for e.g A8.

Hey Wildon, I could not find the letters under the bonnet. In fact there were no numbers of any sort under the bonnet. The number I gave you was from the plaque near the front door. Is there any specific place I have to look for?please:

Hi Wildon,

Could you please decode the following VIN?

MALAN51CLAM604228

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1822717)
Hey Wildon, I could not find the letters under the bonnet. In fact there were no numbers of any sort under the bonnet. The number I gave you was from the plaque near the front door. Is there any specific place I have to look for?please:

Look near to the Bonnet Hinges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 1825595)
MALAN51CLAM604228

Blushing Red i10, Manufactured on 25.03.2010

any help with this one ? Its a Ford Figo
AS87277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 1826323)
Ford Figo
AS87277

March 2010 Manufactured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1826318)
Blushing Red i10, Manufactured on 25.03.2010

Thanks a lot Wildon.

A slightly OT question, but since this thread is the most active with regard to Chassis numbers, I am posting here.

I have the requirement to take the print of the emobossed chassis number onto the paper for availing NOC. Can someone point me to the right location on a Santro to take the imprint of Chassis number ? I was able to spot the metal plate with the number printed, but wasnt able to locate the embossed one

Appreciate a quick response !

Check under the drivers seat, There is a small flap, open that and you can see the VIN embossed on the metal.

Hello Wildon,
Yesterday evening I have been informed by the dealer about this number of my Punto 1.3 MJD and I have been invited to go over for the PDI today.
Request decode it please:
118A5E07013783CNZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by aanandb (Post 1828815)
118A5E07013783CNZ

Euro 4, Punto Diesel Emotion Pk, Manufactured on March 2010

Hi Wildon
I received two chassis numbers for Tata Manza What all information can be extracted from following number?
MAT613034ALCxxxxx

1. Year?
2. Month?
3. BS III, IV?
4. Color?
5. Variant?
6. Any other information?

Thanking in advance
R.D.P.