Team-BHP - SX4 low mileage :(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   SX4 low mileage :( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28552-sx4-low-mileage.html)

Hello guys .. been a regular visitor to this wonderful site for quite some time (passive one though!) ..

well never really felt the need to post coz almost everything is covered on this site ! neways guys i have recently purchased an SX4 zxi variant in hyderabad .. mileage during the first 1000kms was pretty decent .. hovering around 9.5-11 kmpl .. then i got my vehicle serviced and went for the clutch replacement too and ever since i got it serviced the mileage has come down drastically with ac on itz around 6 and withou ac itz around 8 :Frustrati ....

last week i had given it to the service station citing the same fault (kapico motors) got it back but the problem still persists ..

i just wanted to find out what could be the possible reason for the abysmally low mileage .. done around 1300 kms and the whole thingy in the city itself ..

hoping to get a quick reply ..
thanx in advance and keep ip the good work guys :)

Note from mod: Please do not use more than 2 smileys per post. Go through the rules and announcements section before posting

What you should be really worried is premature clutch replacement. SX4 is known to deliver best overall figures of 9kms/L. Are you riding the clutch too much? Could be a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 556874)
What you should be really worried is premature clutch replacement.

A batch of SX4 was recalled for clutch replacement, right?

Otherwise, driving habits are most probably to blame.

I am not surprised the SX4 has inherent problems & I am not surprised with the mileage figures quoted by you either. Maybe a better tune up could increase that by a km more, but that's it. what do you expect from a SUV cross breed with big wheels ? 8 kmpl would be the norm, IMO. :)

I think SX4 with 205 tyres and 1.6L engine should give u around 8-9kmpl only at least in the city. Check out its mileage in the highways IMO it should give 12+ kmpl.

Do any of you guys that are qouting mileage for SX4 due its tyres and what not actually own the car. Imho, you are purely speculating??? I think some of your statements are misleading. My cousin has bought the car and is getting 11kmpl 100%AC in stop and go conditions.

You don't own the car either, how does that make you a better judge ? your cousin owns one, so does mine. :)

Seems like there is some problem with your car.. probably the service technician screwed up some adjustments during your first service.. I used to get around 10 Kms during before 1st service .. and 12 kms (approx) after the service ..this is all in City driving condition with 95% AC on... But I must admit, that FE figure mostly depends on how heavy footed you are and the traffic conditions you mostly drive. One more thing is to learn how to harness/tap the power and low-end torque without being too mean on the accelerator when driving in bumper to bumper traffic.. Overall, I am very happy even if the FE comes to around just 10 km..

Firstly let me thank ya guys for the quick replies .. the one thing that i wonder is .. my driving hasnt changed after the first servicing so i see no reason why the mileage should come down (another assumption being that the traffic is constant too!) so as ITnerd put it guess it must be some fault during the servicing ..

and am plannining to take my vehicle to the workshop tomorrow .. is there something tat i should be asking in particular ??

and thanx again guys .. ya've been really helpful ! beer for every1 :)

POST DELETED:
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 556966)
You don't own the car either, how does that make you a better judge ? your cousin owns one, so does mine. :)

Did your cousin qoute you that he is getting an avg of 8.... Dont want to jump the gun, but there is a lot more to an FE of the car than a mere tyre size.

6 kmpl is too low, I got struck in multiple traffic jams during july due to kanwarias camps etc, but still got 10.8, the car was crawling for almost 30 mins and covered 3-4 kms almost regularly for 3-4 days and I expected the milage to drop, still it managed to give 10.8 !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3g0l4s (Post 557019)
Firstly let me thank ya guys for the quick replies .. the one thing that i wonder is .. my driving hasnt changed after the first servicing so i see no reason why the mileage should come down (another assumption being that the traffic is constant too!) so as ITnerd put it guess it must be some fault during the servicing ..

and am plannining to take my vehicle to the workshop tomorrow .. is there something tat i should be asking in particular ??

and thanx again guys .. ya've been really helpful ! beer for every1 :)

no worry.. I am sure something is fishy with the engine settings.. I would suggest to address your concern with the service manager and voice the low FE after 1st service..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shankyz (Post 557115)
6 kmpl is too low, I got struck in multiple traffic jams during july due to kanwarias camps etc, but still got 10.8, the car was crawling for almost 30 mins and covered 3-4 kms almost regularly for 3-4 days and I expected the milage to drop, still it managed to give 10.8 !!

thats an impressive number..

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 557673)
no worry.. I am sure something is fishy with the engine settings.. I would suggest to address your concern with the service manager and voice the low FE after 1st service..

POST DELETED:
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.