Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 13:57   #1
BHPian

Technical Question: Holux GPSlim GR236 + iMate JAMin + Parrot 3200 LS

I am not sure if this thread belongs here.

Currently I have an iMate JAMin running WM6 and a Parrot bluetooth car kit (http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/3200ls-color). My iMate connects to Parrot when I get into my car and all my calls are routed through the car spearks by Parrot.

After doing extensive research on the forums on this site as well as others, I finally settled on Holux GPSlim GR236 model. My question is this.

1. Will my iMate pair with Holux and Parrot simultaneously so that I can use my GPS as well as answer calls when I get them?

2. Will the voice prompts of my navigation software (MapKing G10) be routed via my car speakers since it is already connected to my Parrot?

I know it is more of an iMate/Parrot question and got nothing to do with cars as such. But I though I will check this with you folks as well.

Thanks in advance,
Prabu
Old 11th September 2007, 16:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that Bluetooth connections in our phones are capable of more than one connection to another device at the same time. I tried this with the my Jabra handsfree to link both my phones to it at the same time but it didn't work. So, I need to disconnect one to connect to the other.

But, I could be wrong & there could be a way around it.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:55   #3
BHPian

It should be possible. I have used my phone to make multiple bluetooth connection and it works (bluetooth GPS + bluetooth handsfree) As the gps connection would be an serial profile connection and for the audio it will use the audio profile it should work.
Old 11th September 2007, 19:18   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The BT stack on most nokia phones would not support two devices at the same time but SE phones do allow this. I dont know about iMATE though
Old 11th September 2007, 20:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

It will probably work.. But ur phone charge will probably drain really fast... Probably will last for 3 hours continuous use.

I am planning to buy an old XDA II (It has a big screen) just for navigation. These devices have a lot of features, but you cant really use them for multiple purposes.
Old 11th September 2007, 23:11   #6
BHPian

Thanks all of you. I also got a reply from other site.

Quote:
Hi Prabu, thanks for your post.
1) Yes assuming Parrot is using Bluetooth Headset profile, which is using a different profile from GPS receiver (Serial Port Protocol). Conceptually, you are allowed to connect both devices simultaneously on your JAMin as long as they are using different Bluetooth profiles.
2) All applications' sound should be channeled thru your JAMin's built-in speaker and your Parrot will only be handling voice calling / phone application.
To get all applications' sound amplified, you will need a device that uses both A2DP + Bluetooth Profile such as the Just Mobile Bluetooth Stereo Speaker

Old 12th September 2007, 08:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Taking what netarchie has said further. It should connect to two different profile connections simultaneously. In your case audio profile and serial profile. But it will not connect to multiple connections of the same profile type.

@Aza - Have you tried it with two different types of devices?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks