Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 20:41   #1
KVS
BHPian

Pickup problems in My Indica DLS,2005

Mods: I did not find any forum to start this thread. If this is not right forum then please move this to a suitable forum.

Guys,

I am having pickup problems in my Indica (DLS, 2005, 21,000kms). When I accelerate I do not get the required power immediately. There is a lag and I get the power after few secs. It is really problematic while overtaking. The problem started about two months back.

I gave it for servicing at Pandit Auto, they kept it for three days and said the problem is fixed, but the problem still persists.
Again I took the car today, the service guy took a test ride and said there is no problem. I insisted that there is problem they should look at it. He called me and said they have cleaned the catalytic converter and Clutch plate and the car is OK now.

I do not know why this problem is coming? Did any one face similar problem? Can any one of the GURUS explain in layman terms what could be the problem?

Thanks
KVS
Old 20th September 2007, 20:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thread moved to Technical section
Old 20th September 2007, 21:37   #3
BHPian

I had a similar problem in my indica DLS 2004. After struggling for a year and a half, it turned out to be a faulty fuel pump and was changed under warranty.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ur FIP needs tuning.
I've seen this problem with Indigos too.
Old 20th September 2007, 23:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

fuel pump calibration, have you done this?
Old 20th September 2007, 23:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

21000 and FP calibration?
If at 21000 the FP is gone for a toss, it means its damaged or faulty. Try to get it replaced.
The best way to find out is engange second gear and hit 15kmph.
Floor the pedal. If there is a delay, its a problem.

Also try this thing.
Make sure your engine is warm.
Take it near the redline. If the rpm if smooth its fine, but if its like fat-fat-fat at the top end, i.e. missing at top end, something is wrong.

Get the hand primer also checked and visually inspect if its leaking. But this is usally also acompanies by surging and occasional missing
Old 20th September 2007, 23:51   #7
KVS
BHPian

Thanks for the replies!!

No. The service guy did not say any thing related to fuel pump!! Now I have the ammunition .
Old 21st September 2007, 10:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Thanks for the replies!!

No. The service guy did not say any thing related to fuel pump!! Now I have the ammunition .
My 2 cents:
Did you get the fuel and air filters checked/cleaned/replaced? I used to have a similar problem in my car, and after getting those 2 replaced everything was fine!
Old 21st September 2007, 16:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

couple of suggestions here..

Is there any drop in fuel mileage and do you see any black smoke back?

Try to change the fuel stations, if you are filling from the current one regularly.
Try to use Normal Diesel with System-D for 4-5 fills..

Do not go for any work on FIP unless everything else is done, and you are feeling your like dead object.

Best thing you can do, go to one authorised Lucas Service center directly and get the timing adjusted... which can be done in 10 mins by an expert.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
21000 and FP calibration?
If at 21000 the FP is gone for a toss, it means its damaged or faulty. Try to get it replaced.
The best way to find out is engange second gear and hit 15kmph.
Floor the pedal. If there is a delay, its a problem.

Also try this thing.
Make sure your engine is warm.
Take it near the redline. If the rpm if smooth its fine, but if its like fat-fat-fat at the top end, i.e. missing at top end, something is wrong.

Get the hand primer also checked and visually inspect if its leaking. But this is usally also acompanies by surging and occasional missing
Should the testing be done with the AC ON???. In that case, my car fails the test. Not because its 4 and 1/2 year old car with 60,000km on the odo, it failed such a test on the day one itself.
Old 21st September 2007, 19:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

FIP calibration should not be required in such a short span. People have mostly suggested the things to do. In my opinion,
* Get your filters cleaned up (both air and fuel). Air filter, if clogged, will always cause this problem and is one thing that happens regularly in dusty areas. Used compressed air for cleaning of the air filter.
* Change fuel bunk. Shift over to a big, reputed fuel bunk.
* Use normal diesel but mix System-D with it. Try this combo for at least 3 to 4 fills. You may find the change amazing.
* Also, check whether your brakes are releasing properly. You can lift the wheels on jack by turns and try rotating them.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st September 2007 at 19:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks