Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Dropping FE of my SWIFT-VXI

Hello Friends,

I have SWIFT-VXI which has clocked 13K in last 21 months.Recently I have nticed that there is sudden drop in FE of the car.Actually,I have maintained an EXCEL sheet on my PC where I have all the data like odo reading,fuel filled,date,amount etc.Though in between I had stopped recording these details.

Today,when I was going through these details I was shocked to see the dropping performance.

Recently I have filled 37.5lt of fuel in my car and today after clocking 305kms.the needle is one line below the half mark in the fuel meter.

What I have noticed from my data that in 35lt of fuel car has run about 480kms in past.The driving conditions are more or less the same.I mean I use AC all the time whenever I drive.

Please suggest.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

The following thread deals with mialge issues in an Alto

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nomy-woes.html

it however has a lot of input in factors causing a drop in milage.
read it thru.

my 2 cents..
did u change your petrol bunk by anychance.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:18   #3
BHPian

"the needle is one line below the half mark in the fuel meter" = less than 20 lts or less right? which means FE of 15
where as ur previous FE was 13.7
Old 26th September 2007, 16:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbijlani View Post
"the needle is one line below the half mark in the fuel meter" = less than 20 lts or less right? which means FE of 15
where as ur previous FE was 13.7
Actually,I had asked attendant to tank-full the car and it was 37.5lt when it auto stopped.That,means I had approximate 41 or 42lt.of fuel in car...right? i am not that strong in mathematics
Old 26th September 2007, 21:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Actually,I had asked attendant to tank-full the car and it was 37.5lt when it auto stopped.That,means I had approximate 41 or 42lt.of fuel in car...right? i am not that strong in mathematics
Thats not the right way to calculate raja. The nearest accurate reading is obtained in the following way:

Fill up the tank till the auto stop. Any more fuel after the auto cut off can cause this extra fuel to evaporate. Petrol being highly volatile needs some "breathing space" or to say expand in hot conditions.

Note down the Odometer reading and drive around. Next time you fill fuel, fill till the auto cutoff again. Now see how many kms you have run (if the trip meter is reset) or subtract the new odo readings from the previous one. Divide that number by the quantity of fuel you JUST filled in. That will give you the nearest accurate FE reading.

Do note that not all petrol bunks dish out the correct quantity or quality of fuel which adversely affects FE. Also driving conditions, usage of a/c, tire pressures, vehicle condition (tuning etc) matter a lot.
Old 2nd October 2007, 06:21   #6
BHPian

clean your fuel system with sonax additive
decarb your engine , change oil , oil filter & fuel filter - change spark plugs , flush radiator

hope you use mobil 1

5w50 api sm
lovely

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks