Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 13:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Viva CRDI- Due for 3rd free service@15K Kms

I am glad to let you all know that I have just recently completed 1-year ownership of my Viva CRDi with almost 15K on the odometer. Its been a blissful experience all this while and everything is going great with the car, performance ( mind-boggling, still see astonishment on many fellow driver's faces when i pull away from the signal with revs hovering between 3K-4K ) and FE ( absolutely awesome-14kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highways, considering my maniac style of driving) and fortunately, almost no significant issues till date.

However, since last week been noticing a weird problem, when i start from cold ( either in morning or while going back home from office) the first few kms ( upto 3-4km) i notice that when i slot the gear in 1st and press accelarator, no response and then immediately slot to 2nd and it moves a bit ahead and then press accelarator and no response, so i slot to 3rd and car lurches foward at great speed even without accelaration.

Above saga goes on for 3-4kms and then the car becomes absolutely smooth. I drive 20km each way to work. What could be the problem?

I am going in for my 3rd free service on saturday and will hopefully get this resolved during that time. Also, what should be the items that I should ensure to make this service complete?

P.S: I have also completed one-year on team-bhp as i joined in September-06 and its been awe-inspiring association with this remarkable forum

Thanks
Avinash
Old 5th February 2008, 17:31   #2
BHPian

Hi,
Do you usually start the car and drive off immediately? It is always better to idle the car for half a minut eor so till you hear the roar of the turbo charger and then drive off. This will prolong the life of your turbocharger and will also solve the problem you were mentioning.

Most Viewed