Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 12:36   #1
BHPian

Esteem Gearbox Trouble

Hi Friends,

Offlate i'm experiencing a weird noise from the car, when I press the clutch the noise comes down, now it has developed even when i'm running the car in any gear, my mechanic initially suspected it's a pressure plate(clutch) problem, now he is suggessting about checking the bearings in the Gearbox.

My query is now that I'm willing to find the problem, whether it's clutch/gearbox issue, i wanted to try the Zen's gearbox for better shifting & ratios... Please can you suggest your opnions on it? Can we use the Zen's GB on an Esteem what are the mods we require to do?

Thanks
Old 15th October 2007, 16:38   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
Offlate i'm experiencing a weird noise from the car, when I press the clutch the noise comes down, now it has developed even when i'm running the car in any gear, my mechanic initially suspected it's a pressure plate(clutch) problem, now he is suggessting about checking the bearings in the Gearbox.
I have the same issue, as if a whirling fan inside the gearbox, with my OHC and I am told that I should suspect the ISB (Input Shaft Bearing).
Old 15th October 2007, 17:18   #3
BHPian

I had a similar noise in my zen and had to get the input shaft repaired for this noise to go away
Old 15th October 2007, 21:22   #4
BHPian

Thanks, yes my mechanic tells me the same, I'm in a dilemma to goback to the Esteem's GB or covert to Zen's GB to get that Initial accelaration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks