Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Hey guys, I was just browsing on the net and checking out about the various engine oil additives that are there in the market (and some we use). One link pointed me to the FTC USA website and to my surprise I came to know that there have been lawsuits over such oil additives by FTC and it has won in all of them. The STP has payed hundreds of thousands of $ as penalties a few times. For details, check out the link below:

STP Corporation, and its Parent Corporation, First Brands Corporation, Pay $888,000 Civil Penalty to Settle FTC Charges...

Now after reading about all this, I am skeptical about the use of these products in our beloved babies (read cars). So I would request all ya BHPians about your views on this issue.
Old 24th October 2007, 10:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

You know what, I was surprised to see the STP product prices here in India. I bought engine oil additive in US for just $ 1.07 @ checkers, whereas the same product here retails for INR 340.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
You know what, I was surprised to see the STP product prices here in India. I bought engine oil additive in US for just $ 1.07 @ checkers, whereas the same product here retails for INR 340.
I guess the prices in India include the Shipping Charges and Taxes. Not to say the inflation in prices that the greed of the sellers create! I won't be surprised to find that the prices of foreign products like STP are not uniform within the same city.
Old 24th October 2007, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
2. Delphi filters are better and OEM. I always use Delphi
Tanveer, Are Delphi and Maha same? Because as I was aware, Maha Filters are the OEM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks