Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 19:02   #1
BHPian

TATA 1 Lac Car: Boon Or Curse

The Tata is very much determined to launch its 1 lac car. What have the experts to say on this. Apart from the poor technical specifications and underpowered engine wont it severely add to the everworstning traffic situation esspecially in the metros ? What have the experts got to say on this ?
Old 25th October 2007, 21:03   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
The Tata is very much determined to launch its 1 lac car. What have the experts to say on this. Apart from the poor technical specifications and underpowered engine wont it severely add to the everworstning traffic situation esspecially in the metros ? What have the experts got to say on this ?

I dont think so...

If you feel traffic that means you wont go over 40kmph at any instance. Car hasnt got any pick up props.

After all TATA isnt mad to launch tat vehicle without R&D. What say guys??
Old 26th October 2007, 12:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
wont it severely add to the everworstning traffic situation esspecially in the metros
I agree with you in principle that traffic will probably increase if the 1-lakh car succeeds.

Having said that, I believe it is the right of everyone who can afford a car to be able to buy it. If the infrastructure is not capable of holding up, the government ought to beef up infrastructure (isn't that what road tax is all about?).

I welcome the fact that people who - till now - could not afford the 2+ lakhs for an 800 or beyond, can now transport themselves and their families in comfort and safety (think middle-aged gents ferrying their families on trusty old scooters).

I wholeheartedly welcome Tata's initiative - and will (probably) support their initiative even if stuck in a traffic jam

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th October 2007 at 12:50. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 26th October 2007, 15:27   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread on the same topic already exists. Please perform a search before posting new threads.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks