Team-BHP - Advice needed for SX4 rear bumper repair/replacement
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Advice needed for SX4 rear bumper repair/replacement (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30602-advice-needed-sx4-rear-bumper-repair-replacement.html)

Hi friends,

Some idiot hit my SX4 from behind yesterday and the bumper got damaged, request you all to have a look at the damage in the pictures below and advise if it can be repaired to an extent that it becomes as good as new or the bumper needs to be replaced and what will be the approx expenses for each option.

Thanks

Not worth replacing. Better to get it removed pushed back out and touch up painted.

The other option is to have it patched up. That will look like new again but will cost more.

I agree. Get it repaired and touched up. It should be back to near normalcy

The bumper has to be replaced, it is deformed completely,if you get it repaired the finishing wont be good and approx cost of bumper is around 8K with painting.

Get the bumper rail also checked.. It could be bent.
I dont think an authorised service centre will do that repair work.

dude not worth replacement .....
instead go for dry denting at a local mechanic ..while going for the next service ask the dealer for touch up ,and there will be no problem with respect to colour matching

approx expense (insurance job)-->bumper replacement :50% cost to be paid by you + rs 1000....and you will loose NCB

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 609019)
Not worth replacing. Better to get it removed pushed back out and touch up painted.

The other option is to have it patched up. That will look like new again but will cost more.

What do you mean by "Patched up"? Is it a regular practice for bumper repair and available at all MASS or outside?

Since its not that big a damage repairing it seems a sensible option.Also the spares for SX4 are not readily available atleast here in hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.V.R (Post 609490)
Since its not that big a damage repairing it seems a sensible option.Also the spares for SX4 are not readily available atleast here in hyderabad.

Availability of spares won't be an issue here in Delhi.

if the bumper is not cut or it doesn't have tear it can be restored back to new

they will heat a up a wooden log and heat it up and then push it out with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shankyz (Post 609318)
What do you mean by "Patched up"? Is it a regular practice for bumper repair and available at all MASS or outside?

Patch up implies a localized paint/repair job on the affected area, rather than the entire bumper. Any service stn incl A.S.S.-es will do it for you if you know people there

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakkamath (Post 609038)
The bumper has to be replaced, it is deformed completely,if you get it repaired the finishing wont be good and approx cost of bumper is around 8K with painting.

What even makes you say that its damaged beyond repair ?

To me it looks like simple dent which can be repaired without shelling out that 8k you have mentioned.

Shankyz take it to any competent tinkerer and he can do the magic. Dont go to any dealers, they sure will rip you off...

The bumper is a "thermally set" plastic part.

It just "pops" back to shape when hit from the inside - no tinkering / heat treatment needed.

Just take it to a Maruti Dealer and ask him to pop it back to shape - easy.

Other points to check:

1. Buttons that hold the bumper on the sides - they may have snapped.
2. Guard behind the bumper - may be bent. Unbend it / replace it.

PS: Happened to me once. I just had to "pop" it back to shape. No other damage.

Thanks Folks, I tried to push it back from inside myself, but it won't budge. Had taken the car to my local mechanic this morning, just to have his opinion, dont want to leave the new car with him, he says it can be done by heating from inside, but in that case, the paint could go off and will have to be repainted :-( ,

Can anyone in Noida give me some good workshop/mechanic contacts where the bumber can be repaired and restored to the original shape.

Thanks