Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 14:53   #1
Team-BHP Support

CV Joint Lubrication (WHEEL SIDE)

Hi Guys,

My Palio has just completed 24,965 kms and is due for a service. At 25,000 kms I plan to replace all fluids in the engine and other mechanicals. I was browsing the official Fiat lubricant supplier site and came across a product for greasing the CV joints on the wheel side. The product is called Tutela Star 500 . I don't think this one would be available at any Fiat service in India but I wanted to know how important is it to lubricate the CV joints and do we have any alternate products available in the open market for doing the job? Has anyone here really bothered to take a look at the joints during service?

Just for everyone's info here's the site where I got the product info from: FL Selenia

Old 16th November 2007, 05:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

You dont need to lubricate the cv joints unless the boot is worn or damaged as they are supposed to last for the life of cv. Yes the grease is available in the market and its a special one for the cv joints. The mileage you have done is quite low and your cv joints wont need a service. If you still want to do it then you should get the service kit for the cv which would include the rubber boots,grease and the clips. I cant help you on what is available in Indian market at this moment, as its been 6yrs since i have been out of touch. But the dealer should be able to supply you with the parts or you could easily get it from some good parts dealer in your city.
Old 16th November 2007, 08:57   #3
BHPian

hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hi Guys,

My Palio has just completed 24,965 kms and is due for a service. At 25,000 kms I plan to replace all fluids in the engine and other mechanicals. I was browsing the official Fiat lubricant supplier site and came across a product for greasing the CV joints on the wheel side. The product is called Tutela Star 500 . I don't think this one would be available at any Fiat service in India but I wanted to know how important is it to lubricate the CV joints and do we have any alternate products available in the open market for doing the job? Has anyone here really bothered to take a look at the joints during service?

Just for everyone's info here's the site where I got the product info from: FL Selenia

tutela is not availablae in india as such .
i use mobil lithium complex greese and gives great results.
for the records practically untill the boots are torned palio doesnot require the re lubrication even after 100000kms ! the original greese is still fresh even at 100000kms!!
Old 16th November 2007, 09:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
tutela is not availablae in india as such .
i use mobil lithium complex greese and gives great results.
for the records practically untill the boots are torned palio doesnot require the re lubrication even after 100000kms ! the original greese is still fresh even at 100000kms!!

Thanks Sameer. Even if it lasts 100000 kms we'll clean and re grease the joints on Sunday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks