Team-BHP - Premium Diesel for your Oilburners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Premium Diesel for your Oilburners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/31453-premium-diesel-your-oilburners.html)

Folks,

I would like your opinion on this . Which s the best Diesel for Cars like the Indica in case you are not using any additives. I have read conflicting opinions on this as some forum members opine that Xtra Mile and Turbojet result in excessive smoking.

A lot of forum members also recommend Shell but the same is not commonly available in NCR ( if at all).

Regards,

Rajneeesh

I tried normal and xtra mile diesel for my Swift VDi and looks like mileage is better with Xtra mile so sticking with it.

Yes Looks like It is smoking more but I am not worried too much about it.:Shockked:

I heard Indica owners use System D for better FE.

Dont and i repeat dont put premium fuels for your diesel cars, it will only make the car smoke more and some more.

The best is the normal diesel without any additives. Gives the best mileage though a bit coarser

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 630355)
The best is the normal diesel without any additives. Gives the best mileage though a bit coarser

You are right.Normally with premium diesel engine is smooth,but too much smoke.With normal diesel even it is coarser there wont be much smoke.But one thing i noticed with premium diesel is get more power than normal diesel.

maybe true,after using the super diesel of bp i get very low mileage throughout my 20000 km in my verna,i am thinking of switching over to normal diesel after this tankfull.i am getting arround 12-16 kmpl overall.

ram

"premium" fuels seem unpopular on this site, and particularly I've taken the advise not to use them in my Swift VDI. It's a first diesel for me (pwnership at least, I've driven others) so advice is really useful.

But, if everybody is advising against premium fuel, what is the point of it? What are the oil companies selling there? Is it just a marketing thing?

I used to put higher-price, higher-octane petrol in my car in UK: the mileage was noticably better, and it worked out less per mile than the lower price. Either was acceptable according to the car manufacturer.

Yeah...that's right. I use normal fuel to my Ikon. I have stopped using the premium fuel as there was no big difference in the mileage I was getting. I switched back to normal.

For petrols using Premium fuels is fine, i have been using primarily since the car is meant to run on 91Octane only.

About diesel when i used the car smoked so much that there was no visibility at the rear in my RVMs.

yes the smoke is too much and when we care for our drive i hate premium nowram

i have started using SYSTEM D for my dicor and believe me the engine is lot smoother and peppy then before.
i highly recommend system d with normal fuel.

Quote:

But, if everybody is advising against premium fuel, what is the point of it? What are the oil companies selling there? Is it just a marketing thing?
Yup, its just a marketing gimmick.

Quote:

I used to put higher-price, higher-octane petrol in my car in UK: the mileage was noticably better, and it worked out less per mile than the lower price. Either was acceptable according to the car manufacturer.
Fuel octane rating is vastly different from regular fuel + additives. Some engines with high compression ratios perform noticeably better on higher octane petrol. But the supposedly premium diesel has no conceivable benefits. Mercedes Benz, Skoda and Ford strictly advise AGAINST premium diesel.

Also check this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...m-engines.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 631389)
Yup, its just a marketing gimmick.

Fuel octane rating is vastly different from regular fuel + additives. Some engines with high compression ratios perform noticeably better on higher octane petrol. But the supposedly premium diesel has no conceivable benefits. Mercedes Benz, Skoda and Ford strictly advise AGAINST premium diesel.

Astonishing!

I made the mistake of putting in my old Indica (Woops, I forgot that --- second-time diesel owner), and probably would in the Swift too if I hadn't read the warning here first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 630400)
"premium" fuels seem unpopular on this site, and particularly I've taken the advise not to use them in my Swift VDI. It's a first diesel for me (pwnership at least, I've driven others) so advice is really useful.

Premium petrols are popular at Team-BHP but not Premium diesels. The FE seems to be better with Premium petrols.

I'm ignorant about the Premium diesels since I'm a Petrolhead !