Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 18:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Reviving the Old thread,
Hyundai Santro Authorized Service in my town is such a pain in back.
=================
So moral is coming like "neither Fix it, nor let the customer fix it themselves"
certainly such dealers are the ones who work hard to keep companies look professional, such a gut feeling of owning a Hyundai Car.
Hi,
I was facing similar kind of issue with H.A.S.S. It is clear problem of oil seal leak in Power steering chamber. You must have noticed the level of steering fluid going down and the steering going stiff.
The estimate they gave me for replacement of entire assembly was around 12k. I got the steering assembly serviced from a known mechanic for 1.5k. No problems since then.
Hope it helps your cause..
Cheers.
Old 1st May 2013, 22:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Oil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCP View Post
Hi,
I was facing similar kind of issue with H.A.S.S. It is clear problem of oil seal leak in Power steering chamber. You must have noticed the level of steering fluid going down and the steering going stiff.
The estimate they gave me for replacement of entire assembly was around 12k. I got the steering assembly serviced from a known mechanic for 1.5k. No problems since then.
Hope it helps your cause..
Cheers.
Ya same kinda situation with me, H.A.S.S. is hopeless for out of warranty cars in my city.
Anyway I got my oil seal from a Service center in delhi
will be getting this replaced thru a known mechanic I use since last 10 years.
Here's the oil seal pack.
Oil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-seal.jpg
Old 20th February 2014, 00:09   #18
BHPian

Hi Guys, sorry to revive this old thread but could not find any other thread where I can post the problem.
I recently bought a pre-owned chevy optra.
On a recent trip to dehradun, I noticed 2-3 drops of oil like substance on the floor mat.
On further inspection, I found that the blower housing( not sure if its actually blower housing) is covered entirely in that oil. The oil has dried up and has become sticky, just rubber like.
Could there be a possibility that the oil leakage took place in the past, when the car was not in my possession and thus the oil has dried up now?
If the oil leaked during my trip then there should have been more than 2-3 drops, considering the fact that the entire blower housing is covered in that oil.
The dried up oil might have heated up and melted and hence those 2-3 drops on the floor mat?
I tried to smell the liquid but no smell left now..
Please help in diagnosing the issue...
Old 20th February 2014, 15:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

You have to be a little more accurate in your description of blower housing and how exactly you ran across that leak. If you have seen 2-3 drops of fresh oil on the right side mat its quite possible its a pinion oil seal leak. I need to know the exact position of the source of oil drip to be sure. If it is around the blower casing it can be a coolant leak/heater core issue.

You may not be able to ascertain the type of oil by its smell, rather try to find out its colour by laying a sheet of paper. In-cabin leaks can be even condensation water due to a crack in the aircon pipes. If the colour is reddish it is PS oil, bluish-green means coolant. The quickest solution is to hand it over to workshop.
Old 20th February 2014, 15:49   #20
BHPian

I will try to click some pictures in order to make the issue more clear. The source of leakage is what I am not able to find out.
Those 2-3 drops fell on the mat only once when the car was driven continuously for 200kms, after that no more drops.
coolant level as of now is fine.
Yes I will definitely take the car to a mechanic but before going I want to be sure of what the issue is.
You know how those svc centre guys and mechanics try to make some quick bucks by exaggerating the issue and the amount of work that needs to be done.
Old 22nd February 2014, 11:14   #21
BHPian

Oil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393047476.182920.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393047502.886115.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393047532.580750.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393047591.707981.jpg
i have clicked some photos hopefully these will help in giving a clearer picture of the issue.
first pic shows 2-3 drops on mat.
following pics are the zoomed in versions.
I think it is not the blower housing, it is the extreme right area under the passenger side dashboard...
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:03   #22
BHPian

Oil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050468.658352.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050486.250965.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050520.782029.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050544.927831.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050565.113016.jpgOil dripping on the driver side mat - Indica-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393050588.535260.jpg

I have clicked some photos, hopefully the problem will be more clear with the help of these.
1st pic shows 2-3 drops on mat, the following pictures are zoomed in versions of the leakage and area..
I now think this is not the blower housing because the blower housing is towards the left and this leakage is towards the extreme right side, under passenger side dashboard...
This sticky like substance also looks like some melted plastic or something, I am so confused...
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:51   #23
BHPian

mods please delete one of the above posts, there was some issue with team bhp ios app, earlier it showed a network error then I wrote the post again. Now the earlier post is visible as well...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks