Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:44   #1
BHPian

Ford ikon - help required..

Hi folks,
This is the summary of my vehicle.

1. Ford ikon 1.3 - 2003 model with rocam engine.
2. Have fitted zavolli lpg kit

Now comes the problems..

1. vehicle is knocking and there is no response for accelerator while in petrol mode. LPG is very smooth and no knocking issues.

Mechanics tell me that i need to clean the injectors to get it rectified. where can i do the same in chennai apart from authorized service centres?

2. Vehicle is giving some sort of humming sound while running. It comes from the front side and the mechanics told me the bearing in front right wheel is the cause. i changed the bearing but the problem is still there.
i have no clue about this issue. need help to sort this out.

Thanks in Advance,
Madhan
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Madhan, i have come across quite a few incident where people mention the non-compatibility of the ROCAM with LPG kits. I dont know of any solution though.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:53   #3
BHPian

hi benbsb29 - The car is running absolutely fine with lpg. i should have run it in petrol regularly for sometime. I think thats why the injectors are blocked. i hope once it is cleaned, there wont be any issues.
Old 24th November 2007, 22:00   #4
BHPian

Check the Fuel Supply- Pump and Filter first- If they are functioning OK, Then clean the injectors,not a tough or expensive job, Just ensure that the battery connections are removed before the injectors are.

And ofcourse like any Alternate fuel driven car, Run the system on the Orignal Factory Mode ie.Petrol to ensure that the system is working and inplace as a failsafe should you need to use it.

I usually start and drive for 1 Km before,I rev up for the conversion to CNG and for shutdown also same technique.
Old 25th November 2007, 14:48   #5
BHPian

I had a LPG kit on my Ikon 1.6, as far as Knocking in Petrol mode is concerned, it's quite normal due to some remaining gas in the cylinders after you shift from gas to petrol. After a few kms on petrol, the knocking subsides.

The humming sound is a bearing problem, i faced the same with the rear wheels.

Cheers!!!
Old 27th November 2007, 10:34   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys,
here are the updates..
The following works were done yesterday to my ikon.

1. Injector was cleaned - Rs.1500
2. Three wheel bearings changed - Rs.1200 ( Humming sound is gone )
3. Plugs cleaned
4. Installed Add shaped fog lamp - Rs.1600 ( Shouldn't have done this.. the quality and output is very poor. Any suggestions here?.. )
5. Labour - Rs.550

All these works are done in a private guarage in chennai by my friends who works for Maruti.

The vehicle feels good to drive in both petrol and LPG.. :-)
Old 27th November 2007, 12:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Hi Guys,
here are the updates..
The following works were done yesterday to my ikon.

1. Injector was cleaned - Rs.1500
2. Three wheel bearings changed - Rs.1200 ( Humming sound is gone )
3. Plugs cleaned
4. Installed Add shaped fog lamp - Rs.1600 ( Shouldn't have done this.. the quality and output is very poor. Any suggestions here?.. )
5. Labour - Rs.550

All these works are done in a private guarage in chennai by my friends who works for Maruti.

The vehicle feels good to drive in both petrol and LPG.. :-)
i was about to post WOW, then i read private garage part. Dealers indeed make a kill with the service :( one wheel bearing replacement cost approx 1800 with labor at dealer.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:57   #8
BHPian

Thats very true Jaggu. Meanwhile i have LPG kit installed in my ikon. So i cannot go to the dealers, thats what they said to me.
Old 27th November 2007, 23:00   #9
BHPian

Well I don't see a reason why you cannot,although you may not be eligeble for any Warranty work though. Regular Service and works are done by all Workshops in Delhi irrespective of Mod or Alternate Fuels LPG/CNG,afterall who does not want the money.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:19   #10
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am facing this issue even after the injectors are cleaned. Whenever i swith to petrol, the vehicle is kind of loosing power and the engine knocks and goes off. It was fine the day when the injectors are cleaned. I suspect air is mixing with petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks