Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2007, 10:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

atleast they made a sale of 6000 rs.why dint you take a strong step to get the refund.or atleast a 50% discount.

ram
Old 24th November 2007, 13:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is more funnier.

Bird brains, those service centre guys. Why did they have to put back the old one. They could have waived off the charge for the new clitch. After all it was their folly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
they replaced the older one back as they found out that it had no fault! so i am overjoyed as atleast they figured this one out!
Old 24th November 2007, 13:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bravo man, I respect your resilience. They need to be a taught a lesson, if not for nothing then for that silliest answer they propounded..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I am sure what you have stated is common place in all TATA service centers.
What I am about to tell you is still in the consumer court and the next hearing is on the 26th of November 2007. When the TATA mechanics representative lawyer was asked by the judge as to why the car cannot climb North Overbridge in Cochin; pat came the reply " Your honour its because the car was not designed to climb the gradient of North Over Bridge at rated payload". I won that round.

I won that round in the District forum but they took a stay order from the State Forum of which the first hearing is next week after a gap of 1 and 3/4 years. Long wait for the first hearing don't you think but thats how our courts function. The original case was filed in 2001. The funny thing is that the TATA's think I would get infuriated by the inordinate delay but actually I intended to keep the Junkindica for 10 YEARS to drive as a battering ram on our city roads.
Old 24th November 2007, 13:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

No wonder you've chosen your handle with great care..

Quote:
BUT I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS NOW! INSTIGATE ME MORE GUYS AND I AM GOING TO COURT!
Old 24th November 2007, 21:43   #20
BHPian

No Offence, But why is that Most people out here are just kicking the Indica or let alone any TATA product.

For those who have owned one, its fine to complain and grumble if in their case they feel the quality has not matched their expected levels, But most users on the board are keenly into kicking the Indica when they do not have a first hand expierence and just post hearsay.

I own a Lancer and XETA, Owned,drove and was driven for years in Cressidas,Caprice Classics,Mercury Topaz,Esteems,800,Zen,UNO and my family's most recent Nissan Altima. When I bought the XETA-I din't expect the same comfort,I knew what I was buying,Why I was buying and How will I care for what I buy.

I know that that the Quality, is not what you expect from a Maruti or Hyundai-But it ain't that bad either.

Just depends on how you drive and maintain your ride.

Coming back to Khadoos problem, If you suspected the Syncronizer, You should have asked them to first check that out and Yes Clutch plates can wear out at the Odo levels of where you are currently at..Not particulary limited to TATA.

TATA workshops don't have the brilliant brains or hands working with them,but to counter the issues, It preferrable to visit the Workshop in person and stand by your ride,when they check out the issue- For some it may be time waste, but then if you can manage a weekend,their is nothing like it to spend quality time with your car-You learn a lot and more from meeting other customers with different issues and diagnosis.

Lastly, The thumbrule is Customer be vigilent and aware,less you be taken to the cleaners for anything right from faulty Cellphones to Tin can cars to Rolex watches.

As for the company TATA, they surely are not the best,but not the worst either. With subsequent changes and retofittments they do manage a decent learning curve- But with the expected V3 Platform launch,I'm sure things will look higher from where they currently are ie.Ground.

Don't just blindly post your feelings with proper considerations, Its demeaning to the purpose of the Board and secondly,Its not good to stereotype.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 24th November 2007 at 21:47.
Old 24th November 2007, 22:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
well.. they did manage to fix the problem! and i am overjoyed about it!
but now the problem is.. because they fiddled with clutch ie. new fitting and then again reverting back to the old one
Erm, maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you know it was your old clutch that they replaced? Did you actually carry it back with you after the first visit?

Anyways, I've had my share of several "mis-diagnosis" with TATA workshops in Bangalore too. But each time I've asked for a second opinion... often within the same workshop from someone with more experience, and on one occassion from another workshop (FYI it was confirmed).

I agree with Wolfinstein, for a specific car, it does help a lot to talk to other customers hanging around the workshop about a similar problem they might have had. And also, the Indica is a very tough car and the quality of finish has been steadily improving since it first came into the market.

On another note, I wore out my clutch at 17,000 km and they had replaced it free of charge under warranty
Old 24th November 2007, 22:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
No Offence, But why is that Most people out here are just kicking the Indica or let alone any TATA product.

For those who have owned one, its fine to complain and grumble if in their case they feel the quality has not matched their expected levels, But most users on the board are keenly into kicking the Indica when they do not have a first hand expierence and just post hearsay.

I own a Lancer and XETA, Owned,drove and was driven for years in Cressidas,Caprice Classics,Mercury Topaz,Esteems,800,Zen,UNO and my family's most recent Nissan Altima. When I bought the XETA-I din't expect the same comfort,I knew what I was buying,Why I was buying and How will I care for what I buy.

I know that that the Quality, is not what you expect from a Maruti or Hyundai-But it ain't that bad either.

Just depends on how you drive and maintain your ride.

Coming back to Khadoos problem, If you suspected the Syncronizer, You should have asked them to first check that out and Yes Clutch plates can wear out at the Odo levels of where you are currently at..Not particulary limited to TATA.

TATA workshops don't have the brilliant brains or hands working with them,but to counter the issues, It preferrable to visit the Workshop in person and stand by your ride,when they check out the issue- For some it may be time waste, but then if you can manage a weekend,their is nothing like it to spend quality time with your car-You learn a lot and more from meeting other customers with different issues and diagnosis.

Lastly, The thumbrule is Customer be vigilent and aware,less you be taken to the cleaners for anything right from faulty Cellphones to Tin can cars to Rolex watches.

As for the company TATA, they surely are not the best,but not the worst either. With subsequent changes and retofittments they do manage a decent learning curve- But with the expected V3 Platform launch,I'm sure things will look higher from where they currently are ie.Ground.

Don't just blindly post your feelings with proper considerations, Its demeaning to the purpose of the Board and secondly,Its not good to stereotype.

i respect your ideas and views.. just would like to summarize on your views..

1) as you ll notice, they were trying to fool or cover-up without being candid and honest and accept the mistake- it aint professional isnt it.. so what if its TATA .. ! are we suppose to look at them as 'not the worst ones' only!!!

2) this was not the first time it had happened with me alone.. i mentioned one more problem in other post abt central locking issue
3) i personally think ... there has to be difference in calibre between AN AUTHORISED SERVICE STATION and lane mechanic.. !

4) i dont think my post depicts any personal rivalry against TATAs as i bought there car myself! but in these situations you need to bank on so called reliable service stations as not everyone is a pundit in car problems!

5) sir, your signature - when was last time you did it for first time.. well thts what i did ... did it for the first time.. fair enough isnt it!
Old 24th November 2007, 22:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dont u think it would have been wise to retain the new clutch plate considering the amount of km done by the older clutch and since they had opened the gearbox the clutch would have to be removed anyway and u would have saved some dough on labour.As the clutch plate wearing out thingy will be comin soon as the tata dealer told me that 35 to 40 thousand k is the maximum life of an indica and indigo clutch plate.
Old 17th December 2007, 17:38   #24
BHPian

I have Indigo Marina and Odo shows 46000. Cluch wire is now fully tightened with no more scope for further tightning. Right now gear engagement does not have any issues.Few day back when gear was giving problems in engagement especially first gear. I found the Cluch peddle is too loose. Idealy it should be at same level as break pedal, also mentioned in Tata service manual. So I got clutch wire tightened. The local service guy was teeling me may be it is time for gear plates chage. First he will try to change he clutch wire, if problem is still not rectified he will have to service gearbox(cost around Rs4000). Then I consulted with Automobile engineers Noida, he told me that this is a problem due to Fork in gearbox, which may bend after some time. Pls suggest me who is right and whether I go for clutch wire change or Fork change? Pls respond at the earliest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks