Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 22:44   #1
BHPian

Santro A/c problem

Hi Folks,

Iam a newbie here and i bought a pre-owned santro XG 2005 model from Trident, Bangalore about a fortnight back.

Pls let me know if the price is ok..as i didnt get a chance to check this forum earlier...but had ref from Car wale..and found it ok for the price i had paid 3.2 Lacs

Now the a/c seems to have a problem without cooling. This car has been idle for about 6 months..as one of the techie who used it had an oniste assignment and hence it was idle.

The a/c gas has been refilled as it was low..what else could be the cause of concern for the a/c not working properly. The trident service guys are scratching their head to diagonise the problem..they said it'll take abt 24 hrs after the a/c gas is filled as it has to get complete circulation and hence it takes time, after that it'll get cool. But its now more than 24 hrs..and nothing seems to work..can the compressor be a problem ??

Could the experts throw more light here

Also wld like to know what is the Fuel tank reserve capacity..as i don't have a fair idea..

let me know if i need to check anyother things before i take a final acceptance of the car from Trident..as its just at the partial delivery mode currently..

Cheers!
Old 29th November 2007, 13:24   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
Hi Folks,

Also wld like to know what is the Fuel tank reserve capacity..as i don't have a fair idea..

let me know if i need to check anyother things before i take a final acceptance of the car from Trident..as its just at the partial delivery mode currently..

Cheers!
Hyundai says that Santro fuel tank capacity is 35 litres.
When the low fuel warning light glows, then that means 5 litres of fuel is still left out.

As for your AC problems, sit on Trident Hyundai's neck till they solve this issue
Old 30th November 2007, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Santro A/c Problem

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : PLease do NOT type in SMS / Slang language. And do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2007 at 10:50.
kalaks2000 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th November 2007, 23:15   #4
BHPian

You could very well have a bad compressor.
Old 30th November 2007, 23:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
The trident service guys are scratching their head to diagonise the problem..they said it'll take abt 24 hrs after the a/c gas is filled as it has to get complete circulation and hence it takes time, after that it'll get cool. But its now more than 24 hrs..and nothing seems to work..can the compressor be a problem ??
WHAT..there is no such thing as it takes 24 hours for it circulate before it starts to cool.
U refill the AC gas upto its optimum level.Switch on the ac and vola u get cool air if everythin is in perfect order.There is no waiting for 24 hours
Old 30th November 2007, 23:52   #6
BHPian

i think you must check for the following
1.compressor.
2.pipe blockage.
3.blower speed
i dont think the there would be any problems other than the above mentioned things
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:36   #7
BHPian

Thanks guys..but now the trident guys say that the field coil has gone bad and that needs to be replaced which is the cause of the a/c problem...any suggestion on what this wld mean..trident says this kind of electrical problems happen very rarely!!!
Old 7th December 2007, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Santro A/c Problem

Any other possible solutions/ suggestion for this problem
Old 8th December 2007, 21:43   #9
BHPian

field coil

what is the cost of field coil???(including labour charges)
Old 8th December 2007, 21:58   #10
BHPian

Ankit, first & foremost..i haven't heard like this component called field coil..can someone tell me what is this all about and how it can fail. Trident guys are taking ownership to replace this, so i don't have an idea of the charges.
Old 9th December 2007, 20:45   #11
BHPian

even i havent heard of ""field coil"" specifically.the local A.C mechanics take 300-400 rupees for servicing the AC.and i m sure there is a coil which is somewhere behind the dashboard,which generally gets blocked due to dust.had similar problem in my santro.but now the a/c works fine
Old 9th December 2007, 22:22   #12
BHPian

you are right ankit..i suspect that the trident guys are trying to hide some major problem..may be a compressor one, or any other as i keep asking for the warranty of all the replaced component, as i have bought a pre-owned one. what is the best way to extract the information from them. Can some one throw more light on the same.
Old 10th December 2007, 14:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

get the bill copy, parts replaced would be still mentioned in the bill.
Old 10th December 2007, 16:51   #14
BHPian

the field coil is yet to be replaced, so i will get to know about the same once the job is completed. Will check for the bill surely.
Old 10th December 2007, 17:59   #15
BHPian

Open the hood and wash the dust from the engine compartment, especially on the radiator. That should take care of your poor A/c cooling problem. Happened with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks