Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 13:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

You can get tyre pressure gauge calibrated from any Calibration lab.
Calibration frequency should depend upon your use.

Talking in loose terms but about once a year should be fine.
Old 27th December 2007, 13:27   #32
BHPian

Many thanks, rks.

Unfortunately my rims are the original 4J ones in M800. You are right that the additional pressure adversely affects handling.. However, it is still much better than the stock ones. They have run 20K kms and there is still a good amount of tread left in them.

Will start with setting 32 psi. I am not worried about a tyre burst at 34 psi, what bothers me if will the wheels require balancing more frequently (I believe the tyres wear out unevenly at higher pressures?)
Old 27th December 2007, 14:02   #33
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Will start with setting 32 psi. I am not worried about a tyre burst at 34 psi, what bothers me if will the wheels require balancing more frequently (I believe the tyres wear out unevenly at higher pressures?)
With wider low profile tyres I think slightly higher tyre pressures would be just fine. If your alignment is OK you should not get uneven wear at 32 psi. If tyre pressures are very high, the centre of the tread pattern will wear our more quickly than the shoulders, but I don't think you will face that problem at 32 psi (I don't find that even at 35 psi in my Santro). Balancing/tyre rotation and alignment every 5000 kms should be just fine. Just watch out for any uneven wear on the tread pattern; that should tell you if the alignment/tyre pressures are OK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks