Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 00:05   #1

Anti-theft device for Honda City

I am about to take delivery of my Honda City ZX GXi. I am not sure whether City has built-in anti-theft device. I get conflicting messages from the dealer. One of the staff mentioned that Honda City has an engine immobilizer. If a duplicate key is used, it will immobilize the engine. Another staff in the show-room denies it. Please let me know whether GXi has any anti-theft mecahnism.
If not, please suggest a good anti-theft device (alarm, immobilizer).
Thanks.
Old 28th December 2007, 12:29   #2
BHPian

NHC doesn't have any factory-installed anti theft device. NHC VTEC has remote central locking only.
Old 28th December 2007, 12:48   #3
BHPian

The Gxi comes with remote central locking. And am sure mine doesn't have a Anti theft device. Only the vtec comes with Immobiliser.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Honda City GXI comes with Central and remote locking only.
You will have to install a security system from outside. A decent system with Engine-Immobiliser would cost upto 5k. Good brands are Autocop and Xenos. Out of this, I have used the Xenos one and it comes with lifetime warranty. It cost me 3.9 k for the Non-Immobiliser model.Was pretty useful.They also have an add on-option of an Up-Module, by which once the car is locked by remote from outside, the windows automatically roll up.

But let me caution you, Car Security systems are not 100% reliable. They can very easily be disabled by a novice thief.
A gear lock/ steering lock should give better protection IMHO.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:49   #5
BHPian

@hrman bhaiya the up module option that you have mentioned does it cost extra to get it done. I am getting an Autocop XS security system as a gift with my swift and have been quoted Rs2000 for the relay by which the auto up function would start working in my swift as and when i lock it from outside using the remote

Note-Sorry girisanthan bhaiya for hijacking your thread but reading it had to post my query
Old 28th December 2007, 13:55   #6
BHPian

AFAIK ,none of the NHCs come with engine immobiliser. as hrman mentioned, GXI version (iDSI,Vtec,CVT) come with remote locking and thats it.
Old 28th December 2007, 16:20   #7
BHPian

yes, there is not factory fitted anti-theft device installed on the NHC. I have GXI and only have remote locking and central locking. Surprisingly, the sales man in lot of dealers do not know the technical details of the car that they are selling. They are suprised when we explain them while taking the TD with them.
Old 28th December 2007, 17:13   #8
BHPian

check out the ultrasonic remote kit in Autocop. I think the model is xs9000 bit costly but worth it.

I am sure you can install this.
Old 28th December 2007, 20:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu_46 View Post
@hrman bhaiya the up module option that you have mentioned does it cost extra to get it done. I am getting an Autocop XS security system as a gift with my swift and have been quoted Rs2000 for the relay by which the auto up function would start working in my swift as and when i lock it from outside using the remote

Note-Sorry girisanthan bhaiya for hijacking your thread but reading it had to post my query
Hi Anshu, It costs close to 1.5k to 1.8 K. But should be of the same brand. Ie if the security system is Autocop, the Up-Module will also have to be of autocop.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Most Economic And Effective

Hai,

As HRMAN suggested, here's another variety, one of the most cost-effective devises @ Rs.275/-

(Click on the picture to get full blown one)

Though I have an Autocop Security system, this simple Steering +Clutch Pedal lock gave me peace of mind during my South India Tour where I had to leave my car in the open / unknown places, parking lots, hotels etc. The dealer said the steel is special carbon, tough to cut, the key unique and would take at least 30 minute even for a good thief.

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 29th December 2007 at 12:55.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi Anshu, It costs close to 1.5k to 1.8 K. But should be of the same brand. Ie if the security system is Autocop, the Up-Module will also have to be of autocop.
Thanx , I was quoted 2k for the up module , yes it will be of autocop only. Will surely get it done now looks cool.
Old 29th December 2007, 15:49   #12
BANNED

Regarding the clutch/brake - steering lock, I remember in the AA newsletter (UK) of the early 1970's they set a retired car thief loose on the anti-theft devices of that time. It took him all of 30 seconds to open one of these. The best (their were no remote controls or immobilizers then) was the good old steering lock, but with the lock engaged, since otherwise he could easily slide in a blade between the steering rod and the lock mechanism and then happily steer the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks