Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2005, 21:04   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wobbly / Rattling steering - Need Help

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Guyz im in distress on my honda type 1 got the ad wheels 195/60/15 michelin precedas(pilot)im havin problems, my steering wheel jerks a bit n feels loose n theres a slight rattle i need to know if someone can help me out with a suspension mod in anyway.And can i get a street suspension kit cheap? newhere ?please help its a sick feeling[/FONT]
Old 5th January 2005, 21:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Get real! Wide wheels, superior tyres means both you and your car feel every bump and motion of the wheel also more shocks expsing that rattle
Old 6th January 2005, 01:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
[font=Palatino Linotype]Guyz im in distress on my honda type 1 got the ad wheels 195/60/15 michelin precedas(pilot)im havin problems, my steering wheel jerks a bit n feels loose n theres a slight rattle i need to know if someone can help me out with a suspension mod in anyway.And can i get a street suspension kit cheap? newhere ?please help its a sick feeling[/font]
I had a similar problem wid my car n i had 2 get d steering rack assembly changed recently due to this..... also changed my front bushes (lowerarms were new)... so get d suspension n steering assembly checked i had this problem after a year of fitting new tyres...
Old 6th January 2005, 12:25   #4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

can ya give me a number where i can get the work done
Old 6th January 2005, 13:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
can ya give me a number where i can get the work done

I got my work done @ an authorised workshop n would suggest the same for you
Old 6th January 2005, 21:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Nitroxxx,

Is your avatar a pic of the wheels you have on your city (which is blue or green... i dont remember..... but saw it around kemps corner.)

As moralfibre said, your car might be suffering from a cracked or worn bushing (the hard rubber peices) in your steering or suspension assembly. The sooner you get it checked out the better.

cheers
Old 6th January 2005, 21:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

To start with, get your tyre pressures checked. If your car is a Honda City, then the upsized tyres surely don't match the OE tyres.

I see you've fitted new alloys too, you've mentioned that the steering feels light and jerks a bit, does that mean the steering suddenly twitches to one side (as if it has a mind of it's own)? If so, then get your alloys checked for wheel inset, This is the distance in mm between the centreline of the wheel rim, and the line through the fixing face.

Wheel inset
http://img7.exs.cx/img7/8990/inset_wheel.jpg

Shan2nu
Old 6th January 2005, 22:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Honda citys type 1 and 2 are nototrious for conking off their steering rack assembly roughly by 80K... as moralfibre also experienced. and it would be advisable to get the entire suspension set up overhauled with new arms and stuff incase it hasnt been done already.

Most Viewed