Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2011, 00:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why to fold the Wiper up, when parking

When it snows the water/moisture under and around the wiper rubber freezes sticking the wiper blades to the windshield. That causes many people to leave their wiper blades folded up. Happened to me this morning.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
well basically owners of the cars hire cleaners to clean the car every morning.leaving the wipers up is a way of the cleaner telling the owner that the car has been cleaned.at least this is the explanation my car's cleaner gives me.
How true...

Also, use of shampoos for car washing leads to the wipers sticking to the windshield. Hence the practice of folding them up until the car dries completely.
P.S: The pic of the guy driving with the wiper folded is hilarious .
Old 24th October 2011, 14:40   #33
Team-BHP Support

It suddenly started drizzling yesterday so I used the wipers after a long long time. They worked fine for a short while and then one wiper just stopped working!

As I'd expected (from experience), the nut had become loose so the wiper wasn't moving.

Can this be because the wipers are folded up each morning by the car cleaner and they are like that for days together some times (when I don't use the car)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks