Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 10:31   #16
BANNED

Final Update

Got the bike serviced at Bajaj A.S.S yesterday.

The service manager told me that the problem was due to the use of XtraPremium ! They overhauled the carb and for now the problem is vanished. If the problem persists, then told me to change the float !

I was filling XtraPremium from a company-owned-company-maintained pump for the last 1500 KMS. My FE was about 65 KMPL with an avg speed of 60 KM/H. Due to the better FE, I sticked on to XtraPremium.

Will such a damage can be caused by XtraPremium ?
I've been using XtraPremium in my Alto for more than 50,000 KMS w/o any problems.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Thanks guys for all your replies. Phew!, never knew there could be so many possibilities for the engine dying. Anyway, I started the car yesterday and took it for two rounds around my building. The engine did not idle on 1st or 2nd gear when I released the accelerator.

I noticed that the choke was pulled out all the way(I usually pull it for starting the car). I'm wondering if this could have been the problem. I noticed that the engine temp was higher than usual(more that the half way mark though nowhere near the extreme red end) on that fateful night when I experience the problem.

I am going to follow your advice and finally give my vehicle for servicing just as soon as I've exhausted most of the fuel .
Old 4th February 2008, 11:25   #18
BHPian

Sorry, forgot to clarify, my maruti zen is a carb engine .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks