Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 06:31   #1
BHPian

Facing problem with Getz ignition

Hi people.. my getz is 15 days old but i am facing a problem with its ignition. When i turn my ignition and after thet turn the key further to start the vehicle its doesnt start, neither it make amy noise. Jst i case my audio system is on it goes of as usual for 4-5 seconds as it use to in case of a normal start.
What might be the reason?? I face this problem 5-6 time still now.
The highest number of times that it gives me a missed start till now is 2 times.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ignition switch

The ignition switch may be bad, the thing where you put the key in and turn. Do you have many keys on your key chain? Sometimes the weight of many keys can make the switch lose contact. Try it with just the ignition key only and see if it works. But if it does your switch is still suspect. If that is not it then you may have a wiring problem, maybe a disconnect by the starter motor. Take it back to the dealer and have him find the problem and fix it.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax View Post
Hi people.. my getz is 15 days old but i am facing a problem with its ignition. When i turn my ignition and after thet turn the key further to start the vehicle its doesnt start, neither it make amy noise. Jst i case my audio system is on it goes of as usual for 4-5 seconds as it use to in case of a normal start.
What might be the reason?? I face this problem 5-6 time still now.
The highest number of times that it gives me a missed start till now is 2 times.
Maybe you know this, but in the Getz, you need to press the clutch fully before ignition will fire. Have you been doing this?
Old 19th January 2008, 12:42   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe you know this, but in the Getz, you need to press the clutch fully before ignition will fire. Have you been doing this?
Exactly what I thought of! The clutch pedal needs to be pressed fully; it is a safety regulation from the United States.
Old 19th January 2008, 19:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

I own a new getz prime 1,3L,you need to press full clutch before ignition even while starting if you try to release,it will fail to start(as tried on a demo car )its suerly one of the best system in Getz,i like the clutch start thing.

Ramie
Old 20th January 2008, 02:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Exactly what I thought of! The clutch pedal needs to be pressed fully; it is a safety regulation from the United States.
I always press the clutch pedal fully while starting. I have talked to the dealer and he says there might be a problem with the ignition and he will check and fix it well i havent got time to visit him tho..

i guess its a wiring problem..
Old 13th February 2008, 12:58   #7
BHPian

Hi Mate, has your problem been solved and what was it due to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks