Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Idling varies in Swift VXi

Hi all,

I drive a Swift VXi, 2007 Sep model. She has clocked 7600 KM now. We have done a Blore drive from Trivandrum last week. The drive was superb and I am getting more close to her after this drive.

Here is a problem I experience after the trip (aprox 2000 KM). The idling RPM has come down to .8K - .9K range. If I apply a mild throttle, it goes to 1.1K - 1.2K range and stay there for sometime, but again comes back to the low range after some seconds. Also, once in a while the RPM varies a little bit, the needle jumps to next point and comes back, in a flickering manner when idles. If you look at the needle you can see it happening in specific intervals. But there's no issue in driving, speeds, RPM shooting up etc. Also now she feels more free without any stress. Infact the car feels more peppy and free except this.

FYI - we were doing100-110 KM cruising and have done occasional 130-140 speeds on good stretches. Also petrol were filled from diff pumps - Reliance, IOC etc
Old 7th February 2008, 11:19   #2
BHPian

The idle RPM being in range of 0.8-0.9 is not at all any problem and is normal range. Check out for air/fuel filter being clogged, cleaning them might solve your problem of RPM staying at 1.2 to 1.2 for some time and again coming down.
One more thing might be due to fuel quality. I assume the problem is there even when engine is hot and not at cold start.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:50   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. According to my memmory, the idle RPM was just above 1K, before this trip. But as per the service engineer whom I called today, he says it's normal and the idling would be at .8K - .9K range. Also I noticed the RPM shooting up with AC (which is normal) and again coming back to .8K-.9K range after some seconds (I assume this is again normal). Again RPM shooting up slightly when AC is swithced off and coming back immediately (again I assume it's normal). Now what I see is the slight flickering of the needle (to be frank I haven't noticed this before). If this is again normal, then I think every thing is normal
Old 7th February 2008, 16:02   #4
BHPian

I have also seen my RPM meter in my gets shooting to 2-2.5 on its own smtimes wen i jst move the car a bit forward from stop and suddenly press clutch andd apply the brakes. I have seen this mostly happening when trying to move the car i my first gear from STOP.

The prblem is that even if i dont race the engine it tend to race on its own till 2.5 rpm. Is this normal???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks