Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 23:50   #1
BANNED

civic - gear shift noise

I have noticed the it is bit hard to shift the gear in Civic and feels as if it rubs some metal part while shifting. That is gear stick is rubbing against some unknown contact.

I have a new civic S MT, which is just 400km.
Old 13th February 2008, 17:47   #2
BHPian

Usually when the car is new, it will be a bit rough. As you gather up kms on the odo, it'll smooth out.

Other Honda Civic owners can comment about the feeling of rubbing against metal part point.

cya
A
Old 13th February 2008, 18:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Surprised that no other Civic owner has replied to this post. Well I have an AT so can't comment.

Are you depressing the clutch fully. Sometimes floor mats can get in the way and could cause the gears from changing correctly.
Old 13th February 2008, 23:52   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Surprised that no other Civic owner has replied to this post. Well I have an AT so can't comment.

Are you depressing the clutch fully. Sometimes floor mats can get in the way and could cause the gears from changing correctly.
I made sure floor mat is not getting stuck in between. If I press the clutch fully, this issue is more compare to half clutch. I guess clutch is set to its tip such that you don't have to fully declutch.

Day by day I am finding new issues

There is one more issue, which I will post it separately.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

I TD'ed a Civic Last to Last sunday,even i noticed that the gears are real hard to shift(reminded me of my Sumo) but the car is real butter smooth.I feel the gears take a prominent position and gets lock until next gear is shifted.. suerly there is no vibration in gear.. same stuff happenes in the Hyundai Verna CRDi
Old 14th February 2008, 00:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Swageo - Are you a finicky kind of a customer?? (Don't mind this as I'm not taking a personal dig at you). From the problems you seem to describe it seems that most of them seem to happen because you seem to be quite particular about things that might not even exist in the first place.

Anyway for this problem the only solution I can suggest is that when you go in for your next service try a couple of other cars & see whether the problem is only in your car & that's how the gearshift is in all cars.
Old 14th February 2008, 01:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

As what i have notices all huge cars have stiffened gear shift (don't know the reason behind it)I have a 06'accord the gears are pretty stiff to change.Even my boss's BMW 3series(manual) 2002 model makes noise while shifting as if the gears are stuck up.

If someone can throw some light over this issue.. or its just me who have felt this in different higher segment cars..

ramie
Old 14th February 2008, 12:52   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Swageo - Are you a finicky kind of a customer?? (Don't mind this as I'm not taking a personal dig at you). From the problems you seem to describe it seems that most of them seem to happen because you seem to be quite particular about things that might not even exist in the first place.

Anyway for this problem the only solution I can suggest is that when you go in for your next service try a couple of other cars & see whether the problem is only in your car & that's how the gearshift is in all cars.
I don't admire a things just because I bought it. In my earlier thread I described the Civic's slant towards right side, though it turn out to be expected. Now with the gear. Try changing the gear from 2nd to 1st while car is at less that 10kmph. It is really hard.

Why should a 12+ lakhs Japanese car gives these issue when my ikon/santro does not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks