Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 20:22   #1
BHPian

I have lost my service booklet!!!

Hello Friends,

I own a SWIFT-VXi for last more than 2 years now.Today I went for servicing.There I met a friend and was chatting with him while service advisor was taking the inventory.After taking the inventory i signed the job sheet and left for the home.

Today while taking delivery of vehicle I found that the service manual is missing from the glove compartment.I brought that to the notice of SA.He showed me the copy of jobsheet where he has marked service booklet not available in the morning.He said that it may be at home.

I really don't remember it taking out of the car.Still,I searched at home but was not able to find out.

It is really my mistake that I was talking to my friend while giving the car for servicing.I don't know what to do now.

Please let me know what can be the consequences of this and if I can get a duplicate one.I am really cursing myself.But it never happened during all these years.I don't know what excatly has happend.If anyone is taking it out purposely,what can be the benefit?

Please halp me friends.

Moderator please shift this thrtead to appropriate one if it is not to be posted here.
Old 16th February 2008, 21:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have a softcopy. I can send you if you PM me.
Old 16th February 2008, 22:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I have a softcopy. I can send you if you PM me.
That wouldnt help with the service coupons, since the owner's name would be different on it.
Old 16th February 2008, 22:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
That wouldnt help with the service coupons, since the owner's name would be different on it.
I do not think its a problem. The car is two years old and all the free services should have been over.

Just get the soft copy for your reference. Dont worry!!
Old 16th February 2008, 23:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

i never needed the service manual coupons during the servicing. my dealer kept the record in his system. i don't think its a big issue if u have lost the manual. just get the soft copy. u can also ask the dealer to issue a new one for u.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:57   #6
BHPian

I believe service manual is available online ! Let me check
Old 18th February 2008, 12:51   #7
BHPian

i think if you have availed all the free services,then there is no problem. the dealer must be having all the records of your previous services.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:28   #8
BHPian

It is better to take a service manual copy from the dealer and ask him to fill in the service booklet page with the reference of the invoice number/odo reading etc. One advantage will be that in case of selling the car, you will have the records of the service history of the car and that will certainly add some plus points to your asking price. If you have no plans to sell it in near future then a soft copy/ cheap xerox will suffice.
Old 18th February 2008, 18:11   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2 bits:

1.Order a replacement through the dealer. The cost is quite nominal I believe.
2. Request the dealer to fill it up as per his records with date of purchase, tyre numbers, battery guarantee card etc.
3. Ask him to print off a summary of your service history and staple to your new book.

Hope you have a good rapport with your dealer :-) !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks