Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The real culprit could be the fuel pump. Have you got it checked yet? Would also be a good idea to run a compression test.
Everthing was fine till the engine conked. And if i remember correctly my cars fuel pump is leaking diesel. the leakage is very small though. i was told by the A.S.S. they will try and change the gasket of the pump first otherwise i will have to get a new pump. it costs around 30k. But they also said that there wont be any problems except for the diesel leak.

Please let me know if this could be the problem. Im not ready to spend 30k rightnow.

Also, can the fuel pump get damaged in an engine seizure?

cheers
clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I also feel the fuel pump is the culprit.
A faulty pump can play havoc with performance.
Also clip, can you post some details about exhaust smoke and what color is it?
Note the exhaust smoke when you cold start the car.
Do you see any missing etc., going on near high rpms?

Do you get any funny smells?
I think every thing is fine. There is no missing, The car starts instantly even in the coldest of weather.

That diesel leak in the fuel pump could be the culprit. Im really tired of this thing now. but i still have to live with for atleast 2 years.

Can i get a used fuel pump(from a totalled car) if it is in perfect working order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
May be the compression test would give you a clear picture.

Sorry for being off the topic, but this makes me think that engine overhaul at 80k and then paying Rs 65,000 for the engine. Are Diesel engines really worth the money what we pay to OEMs.

Amit
Yes, i believe they are worth it. The current generation diesels are great. I had a diesel octy which clocked 1.25L kms before getting stolen. My fiesta diesel has done 90k without any trouble. I have seen lancer diesels driven for more than 3L kms. An opel astra TD 2.5L

I think, the problem lies with this particular engine design. Many accent crdi's are facing engine troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

well it depends on the car and the brand some cars like the OHC have lasted more than 1.5lacs and some even crossed even 2lacs.
and my own M800 is still going strong at 1.1lac! imo all the modern cars last more than 2lacs petrol, the best examples of long lasting diesels are toyotas and mahindras!
I had an OHC 1.5 and i clocked around 1.7L kms before totalling the car. This car was driven like on a race track throughout its life. (i was an engine vengine types earlier)
Old 25th February 2008, 14:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

Get the diesel leak fixed, that seems to be the problem for now.
If Hyundai *** is too expensive, try some other garage to source the fuel pump.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

I heard someone say that the Accent CRDI fuel pumps conk at 80k kms approximately, why dont you check on that ?
Old 25th February 2008, 15:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Was it the fuel pump that conked and you ended up overalling your engine.The fuel pump in accent is too sensitive and i have seen lots of examples for this.You can use a pump from a totalled car but ensure that its working before the change is done.

ram
Old 25th February 2008, 15:29   #20
Team-BHP Support

Get the pump replaced/serviced and recalibrated if required. Dont risk such slippages for a newly built engine.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get the pump replaced/serviced and recalibrated if required. Dont risk such slippages for a newly built engine.
Ill do that. Lets see if a new seal can fix it. The guy at the A.S.S. was saying the fuel pump has alot of pressure, installing a new seal might not fix the problem. i don't understand why.

Can't i get it repaired? why shouldn't a seal work? if the thing is not perfectly flat, can it be machined to make it flat so that the seal(gasket?) can do its job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Was it the fuel pump that conked and you ended up overalling your engine.The fuel pump in accent is too sensitive and i have seen lots of examples for this.You can use a pump from a totalled car but ensure that its working before the change is done.

ram
No, the pump was fine. The engine conked due to over heating as there was no water in the radiator.

Oh i remember one more thing. My accents doesn't pick up water from the reservoir even it the radiator is empty. i cleaned the hoses and they are fine. what could be the trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I heard someone say that the Accent CRDI fuel pumps conk at 80k kms approximately, why dont you check on that ?
i have heard, the engine conks at 80k. dont think fuel pumps have the same issue.

Quote:
Get the diesel leak fixed, that seems to be the problem for now.
If Hyundai *** is too expensive, try some other garage to source the fuel pump.
ill try to get it fixed first.if it works, great otherwise, ill have to get that piece of junk replaced.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:25   #22
BHPian

Must be a bad engine job.

If your engine work is not balanced these things tend to happen.

Not discouraging, just go through the initial run-in after the engine is done.

These things tend to happen during the run-in period.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:40   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
Oh i remember one more thing. My accents doesn't pick up water from the reservoir even it the radiator is empty. i cleaned the hoses and they are fine. what could be the trouble?

Huh?? An engine overhaul and the workshop did not notice this? W T F? No wonder we call them a s s .
Old 25th February 2008, 18:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked whether the Water pump is fine or not?

Last edited by iraghava : 25th February 2008 at 19:03.
Old 25th February 2008, 19:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No, the pump was fine. The engine conked due to over heating as there was no water in the radiator.

Why no water in the radiator? Where did the coolant go?
Old 25th February 2008, 19:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Why no water in the radiator? Where did the coolant go?
A hose was leaking. thats why the engine conked.

@iraghava,

i think the water pump is fine as the car does not over heat at all. the tem is stable.
Old 25th February 2008, 20:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also feel the fuel pump is the culprit.
A faulty pump can play havoc with performance.
Also clip, can you post some details about exhaust smoke and what color is it?
Note the exhaust smoke when you cold start the car.
Do you see any missing etc., going on near high rpms?

Do you get any funny smells?

on the same note have the fuel lines checked, have all the things said above done but please ensure that you do all this personally in front of your eyes, i know that these hyundai guys will speak about rules and stuff but them this is you problem and you would like to get all these checked in front of your very own eyes in a decent but serious tone and they should oblige or get the aid of the service manager!.

its necessary that you see what actually is being done by these guys so as to know what is going on!. these guys will act smart saying that they will get the problem rectified at once and will ask you have a seat and all that dont pay attention to that. i have been offered this several times but i stayed with my car most of the time during services!

and i am still waiting for the answers!
Old 25th February 2008, 21:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
on the same note have the fuel lines checked, have all the things said above done but please ensure that you do all this personally in front of your eyes, i know that these hyundai guys will speak about rules and stuff but them this is you problem and you would like to get all these checked in front of your very own eyes in a decent but serious tone and they should oblige or get the aid of the service manager!.

its necessary that you see what actually is being done by these guys so as to know what is going on!. these guys will act smart saying that they will get the problem rectified at once and will ask you have a seat and all that dont pay attention to that. i have been offered this several times but i stayed with my car most of the time during services!

and i am still waiting for the answers!
Hey,

thanks for the suggestions bro. i will definitely look into the matter myself. they will do it in front of me for sure as customers can go into the working area i think.

I have been given a warranty for 6 months unlimited mileage. If there is a problem with the engine, they will have to repair it free of cost.

wish me luck guys. i will take my car day after.

another thing i want to mention about A.S.S. i have a fiesta and its ac has leaked gas. i sent the car today for repairs. they told my dad it takes 10 hours to open the dash for servicing.

I dont believe this. Is this really true? The standard of ford A.S.S. is really poor. the worst i have experienced. These *** 's have really pissed me off.
Old 25th February 2008, 22:34   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine died at 79600kms.!!!

The other day i was talking to the service advisor in superon hyundai he told me that 70%+ accent crdi's die between 60k-80k kms.i can recall endless list of names of my friends who got their engines overhauled at similar mileage.

The advisor also told me that the problem is only with accent crdi.
Old 25th February 2008, 22:37   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My accents doesn't pick up water from the reservoir even it the radiator is empty. i cleaned the hoses and they are fine. what could be the trouble?

i had a similar problem in my petrol accent,never got the solution though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks