Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 16:07   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Stalling/Stopping issues with Accent Viva CRDi

I am facing a very strange problem with my Accent Viva CRDi since the past few weeks. It's run about 20K kms. When i start the car in the morning to go to work, i find that when i am in 2nd gear, when i press the accelerator, the car instead of moving forward, it stops for a second ( i notice that the rpm needle stops at 1k and refuses to budge forward even if i am stomping on the gas pedal) and when i release my foot of the accelerator and press again, it moves forward, all this while i am still in motion. Or, if i immediately change it to 3rd gear it moves forward and after a few feet the story repeats.

This weird problem troubles me very badly during the first 5-6km and then it slowly disappears ( still if i press the gas hard, it stops for a few sec and moves forward) but i still have to drive quite slowly and to the entire left of the lane. On a friend's suggestion, tried moving out after sufficient idle time and it was ok for a few days, and then again this morning it re-surfaced

Strangely, this problem completely disappears for a few days and then again re-surfaces after say a week or so. I am due for my 4th service in less than a month, if this continues, will get it done this weekend before time. I'm not sure if this problem is due to :

a) Fuel contamination
b) Dirt in oil/air filter

Inputs will be appreciated
Old 25th February 2008, 17:54   #2
BHPian

My cousin had a somewhat similar problem in his Scorpio trubo. (Car would stall but start moving when only when the gas pedal was depressed to a point but nothing above that) Serviced and found that it some fuel injection issue. No idea if would be the same in your case.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:52   #3
BHPian

@mobike008:

from your comments, looks like it could be fuel-related.

Quote:
Strangely, this problem completely disappears for a few days and then again re-surfaces after say a week or so.
This is interesting. Do you, by any chance, remember if this coincides with the fuel level in the tank? I mean, is it so that, this occurs during the days your fuel level is low, and once you tank up this problem vanishes for a few days?
Old 25th February 2008, 23:29   #4
BHPian

Sounds like a fuelling issue. Maybe contamination but get the fuel filter, pump and injectors checked as well.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

first check air fliters, then move to fuel filter and then to pump, injection etc.

hunch, its due for service and that should sort it, so rush to your a.s.s soon
Old 25th February 2008, 23:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

like i told you before please drain the water of the fuel filter if any, have the air filter checked and please take it to the A.S.S. if this is some kind of injector or fuel pump problem they may void the warranty for taking the vehicle to the garage so late!
Old 26th February 2008, 13:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, i finished my last tankful of diesel and re-topped it up from a different station this morning. And, it was driving like a breeze. I reckon, i will get it serviced this weekend for sure.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, i finished my last tankful of diesel and re-topped it up from a different station this morning. And, it was driving like a breeze. I reckon, i will get it serviced this weekend for sure.
double the reason why you should clear the pump of water or any other contamination
Old 26th February 2008, 13:14   #9
Team-BHP Support

Make sure you get the diesel filters replaced in the service, and get the fuel tank checked for any debris.
Sometimes bad adulterated fuel leads to deposits in the fuel tank.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:32   #10

Hi,even i have a similar problem with my 2005 viva run 33k. The car runs fine in the morning, once it runs 10kms and odd the car is sluggish in 2nd & 3rd gears. Then after sometime it comes to normal but last few days the problem is too bad that even in 1st gear though the RPM is at 4-5k the car response is bad.

Have given it to access hyundai bugger said clutch gone and changed it, again same problem so left it again now hes saying drives shaft gone.. Any suggestions??.
Old 12th April 2008, 14:09   #11
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
first check air fliters, then move to fuel filter and then to pump, injection etc.

hunch, its due for service and that should sort it, so rush to your a.s.s soon

this is the best, most structured approach to the problem.

Old 19th April 2008, 11:27   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

My car was due for service during that time and when i went to A.S.S and service advisor took a long drive and strangely those symptoms didnt crop up and i just gave it for normal service and since then i didnt face that problem again. Weird but, that's how it is
Old 19th April 2008, 12:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Recollect a trip from Trichy to Coimbatore on a 118NE. No pull and had to slog in each and every gear. A long drive and one particular 'close shave' while overtaking, reached CBE and had it checked at a A.S.S. Turns out that the air filter had a hell lot of dust (a lot!). A quick cleaning of that and voila, vehicle is running smooth as a 118NE!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks