Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 17:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Aveo Shocks noise

I have an Aveo 1.6 for 1.5 years.
For the last 6 months, I get a cracking noise "kkkrrkkkrkk..." from the front right wheel only when it climps on the speed bumps. I could hear the this almost in all the bumps, especially while the wheel meets them in a turning.
I gave this problem to the Coimbatore Anamallis agencies for more than 6 times, and they guys can not figure that out. They say that they fixed it each time, But I can't think that they had even know the issue.
Now the service guy (unfortuatly he is the DGM too), hates me. He says there are 100s of Avoes are running, and I am the only person comes with such perculiar problems. I do not know how to handle this, I hate to keep going there.

Any one can sense what an issue could be..so that I can drive it to chennai and show them?

Should I write this to GM india? If this local guys comes to know this? if yes, to whom should I write?

Thanks,

Last edited by agbenny : 13th March 2008 at 17:25.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Only one advice. Write to GM directly and stop going to those guys. The DGM should just be fired for making such a loose statement. The car was made by GM and any problems in it are their and the service stations responsibility. That guy should be sent for a refresher.

By the way, have you been able to replicate this problem and show the service guys? Somehow I am skeptical about this being a simple shock absorber issue. There is hardly anything much in a shock absorber by itself.

Have the mounts of the absorber been checked? The bushes?
Old 13th March 2008, 18:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Only one advice. Write to GM directly and stop going to those guys. The DGM should just be fired for making such a loose statement. The car was made by GM and any problems in it are their and the service stations responsibility. That guy should be sent for a refresher.

By the way, have you been able to replicate this problem and show the service guys? Somehow I am skeptical about this being a simple shock absorber issue. There is hardly anything much in a shock absorber by itself.

Have the mounts of the absorber been checked? The bushes?
Thanks Zappo.
I am able replicate the issue each time I go there to fix it. (Almost 6 times). They pretent that they identified the problem - and were giving me confidence each time that they would fix it. None of the time they repaired, they didn't even gave me the details what has been made each time. :-(

I am writing to GM now.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its actually very difficult to diagnose such rattles coming from outside the car and that too on specific occasions. It can come from anything like a loose nut/ mudflap to other things under the body.

Get it checked thoroughly on the ramp.

Once I had to get under the car myself to find a lost nut and exhaust rattling against the body, which the service guy was not able to and had given up.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Could that be a problem with the Front right disc break? I see its over heating! Any thoughts?
Old 15th March 2008, 22:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

A shocking problem, indeed. As that gent Zappo suggested, write to GM India directly. If GM is anywhere half as proactive as Maruti is in dealing with direct customer complaints, expect a sudden VIP treatment from this dealership and a magical permanent fix to the whole problem
Old 16th March 2008, 11:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

the same thing i faced with my alto. when u go on big bumps slowly u hear a krrrr krrrr sound. this happens when the shocks, i.e the barrels go hard. Maruti immediately changed the shock retaining the same springs. also change the bush if necessary. ask GM to change them. i am sure the problem will go.
Old 15th November 2009, 21:55   #8

Shockers or cushions inside shocker assembly are damaged

I also faced same problem, when i bought Aveo in 2007, it took four months from GM to rectify this problem. And reason was kept top secret some workshop guy told me shocker was damaged someone told cushions inside shocker assembly got damaged.

But now again same creeking sound is coming from front suspension.

What about you, Your problem has been rectified or not ???

Also Can anybody suggest a good shock absorbers for Aveo from grey market, relying on GM(Stock) shock absorbers is really foolish.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:32   #9
BHPian

the aveo suspension is really soft.they say its for the ride comfort.but i have seen a lot of aveos with such issues and i dont think the company people really can do anything about it nor do they want to.on top of that i made the mistake of upsizing to 15's on mine..now the krrkkrrrrr has become bang bang!!
Old 16th November 2009, 14:27   #10
BHPian

Looks like this is typical issue on entire Aveo Range (including UVA).

The sound Krr Krr comes from the coil spring (My understanding)

Reason - May be they have run Dry.

Replication - Incline turns, Speed brakers crossing at a spreed excess of 10 kmph.

On speed brakers if you slow down before the car climbs up and take your foot of the clutch and brake, let the car just glide over the speed braker at a low speed. You will not hear the Krr krr.

I am using UVA since 1.5 yrs. This is from my personal experience. The noise bocomes prominent after rainy season. No logic found but noise does suggect that.
Old 19th November 2009, 22:36   #11

What should be tyre pressure for Aveo

They recommend 28psi for 185/65R14 but recently i replaced them with 195/65R14 .

Please suggest
Old 20th May 2011, 20:36   #12
BHPian

Re: Aveo Shocks noise

This is old thread, but I thought this will help others. GM has got modified bushes which helps to reduce this noise. I am not fully satisfied but its much better now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks