Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Buying NHC with Dec 2007 VTEC Engine Fitment ?

Team,

I am planning to buy a NHC, when i was negotiating with the dealer , sales agent offered 40k + some goodies for NHC - VTEC , but engine fitment will be 2007 December , but he assured me that RC book will be updated with 2008 Model

I am planning to keep this vehicle for long time (maybe I will not sell at all)

Is this will be a good option? Are there any changes happen in VTEC engine after Dec?

I will be doing 95% highway driving with this vehicle, I am still confused with GXi or VTEC, engine durability is the concern for me, I heard that
i-DSi technology is newer than VTEC, is it true? I am happy with 15km/l , I overtake only when needed, usually I don’t chase any one, want to enjoy my drive and reach point A to B peacefully

Any help will be appreciated

vvvinod

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2008 at 16:42.
Old 16th March 2008, 12:40   #2

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Since you plan to keep the car fo long and probably not sell it at all,i would suggest you to look at a new car i.e.manufactured in yr 2008 rather than 2007.There havent been any changes to the engine but small little upgrades like a new instrument console,new steering wheel etc have been done.
Actually vtec is a better technology than idsi and Honda has stated that they will discontinue the idsi engine in the next model change.
Old 16th March 2008, 12:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

since you drive on highways alot get the vtec. it will be much more pleasing to drive than the idsi.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

definitely Vtec. you'll enjoy every bit of it
Old 18th March 2008, 18:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Team,

I will be doing 95% highway driving with this vehicle, I am still confused with GXi or VTEC, engine durability is the concern for me, I heard that
i-DSi technology is newer than VTEC, is it true? I am happy with 15km/l , I overtake only when needed, usually I don’t chase any one, want to enjoy my drive and reach point A to B peacefully

vvvinod
40k discount means on road price of around 9 lakhs?? Before you buy it, make sure the car has not been used as a test-drive car.

If you just enjoy the drive and are not very enthusiastic about driving fast (read high RPMs), then choose the iDSI. The iDSI engine develops maximum torque in the low RPM range and it makes for a pleasant drive. Besides, now the GXi is being offered with the VTEC alloys too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks