Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 20:21   #1
udaykars

Help needed !! Is Lpg conversion of AVEO suggested ?

Hey guys,
I just want to know, is LPG kit recommended to Chevy Aveo ? I heard from a guy that, LPG kits does not suit Chevy engines ! He also said that, It would HAMMER the Engine Performance . I want to know if this is TRUE ? Are they any Aveo owners who had Lpg kits installed ?

Well.... how about converting it into Cng ? Please guys, do suggest me some solid solution.

Moderators: please do transfer my thread to appropriate section.

Old 16th March 2008, 12:48   #2
BHPian

Aveo, Optra are running on CNG kits approved by GM, Infact Kingfisher Cars here in Delhi run on CNG- The authorised OEM is Shrimanker Bedinin- Closed Loop System with a GM specific Controller- So CNG is approved and documented performance approved by the company.

With LPG, you will have next to petrol performance, but the running costs are high specially when the FE output on LPG is lower compared to petrol FE and then add to it the High Fuel Costs of LPG.
Old 16th March 2008, 12:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please check whether ARAI has approved LPG kits for Aveo before installing. The running costs are high when comapred to Petrol. You should also be prepared to visit the installer often till the tuning of kit is proper.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hyd had CNG only through bhagyashree gas (or something). Is it widespread now? That being said, CNG is THE way to go - reliance gas should flush AP within a few more months now
Old 16th March 2008, 17:31   #5
udaykars

Hey thanks Guys,
This was the Break through i was waiting for ! well as LPG prices are touching the skies, it leaves me no option than CNG. But heard CNG kit is heavier and larger than LPG kit. is that true ? any one has any idea, like how much boot space does it take ? may be i also have to compromise even more on Performance !
Can someone throw little more light on this ?

Last edited by Mpower : 16th March 2008 at 22:35.

Old 16th March 2008, 23:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please check the multiple CNG threads floating around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks