Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:17   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Indica V2 DLS knocking problem

Hi,
I own an indica v2 dls model and have done 39552 kms on the same. Last week i gave my vehicle for sevicing at Fortune Motors for servicing. I had complained about poor pickup in both scenarios (AC and nonac). I had also complained about the car knocking (jerking) during changing from 1st to 2nd and so on.

I got my vehicle serviced on the same day and after satisfactory trial tun took delivery of the vehicle. When i reached home at jogeshwari (40 kms) from nerul, i noticed that the car was jerking again and the pickup also dropped. I called fortune and told them about the problem and i fixed up an appointment for 15th april. On 15th after lot of adjustments, they told me that the fuel injector pump will have to be opened as they found nothing wrong with the vehicle.

The cost for the same is approx Rs. 8-10000.

In the meanwhile i did 2 long trips of 300 kms each and found that the vehicle would run nicely at high speeds with ac on without jerking but as soon as it slowed down it jerked even after gear changes.

Please let me know as to what could be the problem.

Thanks
Fariborz
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a clutch problem to me than a fuel pump one.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Fuel Pump overhaul is a good way of making money by TASS.
Don't let them touch the fuel pump.
This is a typical clutch adjustment problems.
Try a different dealership
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Fuel Pump overhaul is a good way of making money by TASS.
Don't let them touch the fuel pump.
This is a typical clutch adjustment problems.
Try a different dealership

Hi, I think the problem is with the Nozzles(fuel injector).There must be some kind of dust or something which might block any holes in any of the four nozzles so the pressure at which the nozzle spays diesel will be less and it causes the jerking ,low pick up and the engine knocking sound.IMHO please take your car to any MICO fuel pump service shop and ask them to clean the Nozzle(injectors).Once it is cleaned this problem should be rectified.Please be careful that that Fuel pump service center guys might tell that it is the problem with the fuel pump but just ask them to clean the nozzles and set the correct pressure for the nozzle.They might charge you a maximum of 200-250 for this.So IMHO please do this before checking your clutch.I said this from my experience because we own a MICO service center and these A.S.S guys approach us with Fuel pump and nozzles and almost 95% times the problem is because of the nozzle and not pump.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:45   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But the fuel pump is of lucas and not mico. Request you to give me information about lucas pump authorised dealer and btw what is IMHO ?
Thanks
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fariborzpz View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But the fuel pump is of lucas and not mico. Request you to give me information about lucas pump authorised dealer and btw what is IMHO ?
Thanks
You can take to authorized mico or even to local fuel pump service center to check the nozzle.I dont know the lucas center in Mumbai.
IMHO-In my humble opinion
Old 29th August 2008, 19:57   #7

Hi,
the problem is in your clutch.
even i have the same problem, 2006 and above models have this problems.
as per my mechanic, i need to replace clutch plates, bearings etc. will cost approx 4000/-.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks