Team-BHP - Oh No! Exide battery woes again
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Oh No! Exide battery woes again (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/39149-oh-no-exide-battery-woes-again.html)

My 2007 Indigo's 15 month battery warranty was valid until the 20th of April. Guess what happened this morning? Yup, the Exide battery conked off.....barely 2 weeks after the warranty coverage wore out.

You would think that Exide batteries have a self-destructing timer that activates when the warranty period expires. Needless to say, an Amaron has been ordered.

Hah!! Stupid Exide again!!
You know what GTO, we have no more reason to be surprised with exide.

Sorry to hear about this, do let us know what you paid for the Amaron. Ding Dong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 817062)
Hah!! Stupid Exide again!!
You know what GTO, we have no more reason to be surprised with exide.

Sorry to hear about this, do let us know what you paid for the Amaron. Ding Dong.

What about the new Tata betteries that are out recently? Amaron are pretty good though. They really last long.

Amaraon is good.
My experience with Exide has been bad. I think they have some timer to last little longer than the warranty period.

Exide used to work best in our Premier Padmini. I have yet to see them perform in newer cars.

Funnily enough, Exide has worked quite well in my cars (touch wood!) but reading about all these experiences is starting to make me quite wary of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 817111)
Exide used to work best in our Premier Padmini. I have yet to see them perform in newer cars.

You are rite sir, it used to perform but no longer most of the market is flooded with replicas

Quote:

Originally Posted by yayaati (Post 817153)
You are rite sir, it used to perform but no longer most of the market is flooded with replicas

Replicas of Exide Batteries at reputed battery dealers? Are you sure? I don't think you're correct.

Its so strange, Ive seen both extremes. We have 2 near identical Altos in the family, both 2002 models, similar milage. One had the battery conk out within 10 months and replaced under warranty, the other is 6 years and going strong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 817176)
Replicas of Exide Batteries at reputed battery dealers? Are you sure? I don't think you're correct.

Well Sam Bhai the replicas also has 2 years replacement warranty, they look identical - this was told by one of the mechanic when my old santro battery gone bad and i was bout to get a Exide

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 817056)
My 2007 Guess what happened this morning? Yup, the Exide battery conked off.....barely 2 weeks after the warranty coverage wore out.

Same case with my inverter batteries. In my case they were the truck batteries; damn unnecessary expense to replace. Surprisingly, I haven't had bad experiences with Exide in my cars. Knock on wood!

Exides were quality,those days.
Unfortunately, the company seems to have gotten stuck and haven't evolved with the times!

exide eh?? Sorry to hear about that GTO. Mine in Alto is 20days short of the "5" YEAR mark. Still going strong.

Any BHPian owns a TATA Branded Battery, Feedback please. I am sure its some Expat Technology that TATA can use to cut costs further on its cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 817473)
am sure its some Expat Technology that TATA can use to cut costs further on its cars.

OT but you know expats are people. You cannot use it to talk about technology that is imported from somewhere.

Expat is short for expatriate - a foreigner living in another country.

Had a scare this morning when the Car refused to start.
Push started her and drove to the battery guy.

No water, bone dry. Drank in almost 1.5 L.

Car kept warning me over a month. Was getting a slight delay in starting action but I am stupid, I feel so bad that the sweet heart kept warning and I did not listen.

A public apology to my car. I AM SORRY, BABE.

Note: Its an almost 4 year old SF battery.