Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 18:00   #1
BHPian

Skoda Fabia: Will Red color fade quickly?

Hi everyone. I have booked a Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI Classic. It has very limited color options. Silver, White, Satin Gery and Red. First I opted for Silver because of its low maintenance. But after seeing the Red, I decided to go for it. But my friend raised a concern. "Will Red color fade?" (Especially in Fabia). Please advice.

Cheers
Mahesh S
Old 6th June 2008, 20:21   #2
BHPian

All Skoda's boast extremely high quality paint jobs. Don't worry about the colour red; get her waxed up once in a while and you should be all set.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Old red octavias still look pretty good. So I don't think you should be worried about fading. But your washing method can cause heavy swirl marks and loss of gloss. This is the main reason behind faded look. It is actually loss of clear coat gloss and not color fading.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

good point,

Truth is RED is on Top of the color spectrum. TRUTH also is EVERY color fades on any automobile over a period of time, irrespective of the waxes and teflon coatings one can papmer her with. Red - being on the top of the spectrum, the Human eye can QUICKLY recognize if there is a fade of even a Tiny amount.

White is at the bottom end, and what ever happens to it, the difference is very less noticable.
Old 7th June 2008, 23:12   #5

Hi Mahesh,

this being my first post would like to mention that yes dark colors tend to fade at a faster pace as compared to the lighter ones. At the same time it requires a lot of care on ur part to make sure u donot loose the gloss and thrill of that sparkling red colored fabia.
rgds
Old 8th June 2008, 11:31   #6
BHPian

Thanks a ton

Thank you guys. I'm going for RED. Hope i will give more attention to my car's exterior.

Mahesh S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks