Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 21:07   #1
BHPian

wobbling in zen mpfi

Dear Mods,

As i am new to this community,i request you to move this thread to another if in case any exists.

I have a ZEn mpfi 02 model which has clocked 43000kms,its a true value purchase,at the time of purchase from true value,the cars lower arms,bushes ets were replaced,i also got new set of standard size 12inches brand new bridgestone tyres which i made tubeless after i bought my alloy wheels.
Of late i have been facing a weird problem,the car at speeds between 20 and 40.....the left side of the car moves up and down,as though one is riding a camel,at higher speed this dissapears,i intially suspected balancing and alignment, i got this done and had the tyres rotated,however my problem wasnt solved,next the left shock absober was removed to be checked it was found normal,i was told my mags are not true(i dont believe coz i have never whacked them that hard)so i rotated the tyre again..however i still face the same problem(i understand and aceept the one mag wheel could be bent or may be even two,but how can all four be bent at one time????)

as a last resort i had no option but to take it to A.S.S,here first they refused to believe,saying the vechile was normal,however i proved it o them by driving at the speed of 30 for a km or so,the wobble is so bad that the person sitting on the left shakes and so do my feet....

A.S.S has asked me to swap tyres with some other car to check if the problem exist,i am quite perplexed as the supervisor told me that they will first change the suspension,arms,tie rods etc etc,this will lead to a bill of atleast 10k,worst of all even if they find the issue somewhere else parts that have been already fitted cant be removed and given back to them.(i say so coz last time my spark plug cable was short,and they replaved my mpfi wiring harness,later when they rectified the issue they said they cant take back material that is already installed)

I request fellow members to give me suggestions as to what all i should check to get this problem solved.
Old 7th June 2008, 21:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

just curious! you made tube type tyre tubeless by adding nozzle??

wobbling at that much slow speed is unusual. Check the car for prior accident history, especially on the left side.

you should check the trailing arm, tierod and ends, driveshaft and sway bar and related rubber bushes.
Old 7th June 2008, 21:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would also think that a defective set of tyres could also cause this wobble. Can you ask the service centre if they can fir another set from another car & then check?
Old 8th June 2008, 04:56   #4
BHPian

Take it to an independent mechanic and get it evaluated. Could well be worn bushes.
Old 8th June 2008, 07:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

How did you 'make' the tyre tubeless? You have mentioned they were a set of standard bridgestone tyres. Is it tubeless tyres in the first place?

Did the true value dealership put the tyres?
Old 8th June 2008, 08:10   #6
BHPian

@Siralec
They are bridgestone tyres that i got on my stock rims(with tubes,later when i purchased alloys,the guy at the alloy shop told me that they can be made tubless and that tubeless tyres are more comfortable.

@iraghava
I have been asked to wait for the same as and when a zen comes for servicing....

@Rohan fonseca
Independent mech has checkd it and has doubts on tyres

@Crazy driver
yes the true value guys gave me this tyres or rather i put a condition that i would buy the vechile only if they changed the tyres,after the change the car was great and very stable.

I tried hard to find the history of the vechile,guess what guys?after a true value purchase all the previous history is deleted.

I am quite perplexed as to what this problem is?its kind off weird to drive(iam in a zen but feels no better then a camel)
If the tyres are to be blamed then all i can say at just 8k running if brand new bridgestones start acting like this, i think i shud just remove the tyres and put them aroung the neck of officials at bridgestone.
looking forward for all your helpful suggestions..thankx
Old 8th June 2008, 08:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it tubeless tyres in the first place?
Seems unlikely. If tubeless had been fitted, why were they fitted with tubes?
Old 8th June 2008, 23:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

you cannot just remove tube and put nozzle and make a standard tyre tubeless..

i guess you are using s322. its tube type. turanza which i am using is tubeless. potenza is also tubeless but is not available in 12 or 13".
Old 9th June 2008, 08:47   #9
BHPian

so now how do i get rid of this problem???
Old 9th June 2008, 10:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

You have still not confirmed what type of tyres you are running.
If they are without "TUBELESS" embossed on the sidewalls, try putting tubes back into the tyres.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yes, please put the tube in all the tires and test it for the problem. In all likely, this should solve your problem.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:01   #12
Team-BHP Support

>I tried hard to find the history of the vechile,guess what guys?after a true value purchase all the previous history is deleted.

I bought my car from TrueValue.
After my first free service the printout given to me carried information on the service done by the previous owner.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:28   #13
BHPian

Hi,
I checked my tyres this is what they say....
BRIDGESTONE S248
145/80 R12 TUBETYPE Steel belted radial.......

I thought u could make any tube tyre in to tubeless by adding a tubeless valve on alloy wheels??is this wrong could i know the reason for the same??pardon my ignorance....

Thanking you all for your contribution
Old 8th August 2008, 12:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Update

Dude,

Any update on this. Is the problem still happening
Old 12th August 2008, 13:41   #15
BHPian

Hi,
Replaced front tyres with turanzas,wobbling problem wasnt rectified,finally left it at MASS,and told them to solve it at any cost,they replaced front left driveshaft......i wudnt say its gone totally but yes its reduced drastically......cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks