Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 09:08   #1
BHPian

Santro Brake Change & Timing Belt

Hi,

My Santro 2000 model has done 93+ thousand kms. Of late brakes have started shuddering. The higher the speed the greater the shudder. Entire steering wheel starts dancing in my hands. The brakes have anyhow lost the kind of bite they have previously. Last time I got front discs polished to even out disc surfaces but seems like it too have outlived its effectiveness.

For last two times I have been getting my car serviced outside and not at Authorized center. The experience is good. They told me to change front brake set for both wheels (discs + brake pads). Not sure about the metallurgy of discs outside and also their authenticity; I have decided to get this job done at Authorized center.

I would like to know how long usually brake discs lasts? Any idea as such?

Also I suspect it is time to change timing belt. I checked with Authorized center and they said that it would cost around 7.5K to change it. They told me that along with belt, they would have to change belt tensioner and couple of other associated components. Does it actually cost this much? Also, is this too complicated to get this done outside? I am not sure if timing belt was changed ever before in my car. How long usually it lasts? I read in manual it states 60000 kms.

Comments please ...

Thanks
Old 9th June 2008, 13:40   #2
BHPian

Timing belt at hyundai authosrised service station costs around Rs.800-1000, Belt tensioner Rs.800, labour around Rs.200-400.
all these at Hyundai authorised service centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks