Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2005, 03:11   #1
BHPian

mileage problem in my 99 Zen

well i'll get straight to the point. i got a 99 zen & the FE is 7kmpl without AC & 5-5.5kmpl with AC. can some1 tell me what is the god damn problem? ive shown it to many cheapo mechanics, been cracked arnd 1-2k everytime. NO GOOD!!!! i heard speedsatya saying dat he gets 14kmpl with K&N, freeflow & alloys. i got none of them...lol! i stay in lokhandwala, andheri. can any1 tell/suggest me of a good mechanic nearby? even if i manage to get 12 with AC, i wouldnt mind. its been a year that i fill petrol worth 500 bux & the car runs not more than 70-80 kms WITHOUT AC !!!! thx for any advice guys!
Old 23rd February 2005, 03:19   #2
BHPian

& almost 4got to mention 2 important thingys:
1. got a 50k audio installed (cant be a factor i guess)
2. the car runs barely 10 kms or less on average everyday. i fill 500 worth petrol in every 7-9 days approx. (may be a factor)
3. i got heavy sunburns on my face after visiting the speed runs on both days !!!! lol
Old 23rd February 2005, 04:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey gamerno,
Why dunt you give your car to an authorised maruti service centre rather than giving it to any local mechanic and spending 1-2k every now n then.

Just get a routine check up done,and get you oil and petrol filter replaced.
Also check up with the fuel pipe.And do get the entire exhaust pipe checked up for any leakage.
And lastly,wot fuel you tank up??

X
Old 23rd February 2005, 05:32   #4
BHPian

hey gamerno...as x-machine said...you should just get it checked by the company...and do get a tune up...well when you top yor fuel tank add a bottle of octane booster ...it doesnt do wonders...:P but it does help...cheers....
Old 23rd February 2005, 05:43   #5

That is is low.. I've also a 99 Zen and mine never went below 12. My driving habits are almost the same as yours.. I'd say check your tire pressures and wheel alignment, too.
Old 23rd February 2005, 08:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
well i'll get straight to the point. i got a 99 zen & the FE is 7kmpl without AC & 5-5.5kmpl with AC. can some1 tell me what is the god damn problem? ive shown it to many cheapo mechanics, been cracked arnd 1-2k everytime. NO GOOD!!!! i heard speedsatya saying dat he gets 14kmpl with K&N, freeflow & alloys. i got none of them...lol! i stay in lokhandwala, andheri. can any1 tell/suggest me of a good mechanic nearby? even if i manage to get 12 with AC, i wouldnt mind. its been a year that i fill petrol worth 500 bux & the car runs not more than 70-80 kms WITHOUT AC !!!! thx for any advice guys!
check every thing if somethin is wrong with the engine, swap it with a baleno one ehh!!!!!! you can make up the lost money in 1 year.
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

whoa 7 kmpl! I guess the short runs of 10 km and less can also cause low mileage. Whats your average speed during those short runs?
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

how much kms it has done?
get it tuned complete by a good authorised dealer and then check
hope u dont have clutch slip or brake jamming problems
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:53   #9
BHPian

well thanx for all those advices. i will keep everything to note! i will soon put the car in the maruti service station very soon, get it tuned up & let u guys noe about it. well where can i get 'octane booster' ? never heard of it so..what does it do exactly? & i fill my car wid the standard unleaded fuel from BP . i also used speed93 for a couple of months, but it was no good. as for the tire & wheel alignment, i dunno whether it will help but i will certainly check that out too. & yes, i would love to have a Baleno Engine (B-zen as u guys say) in my car. can some1 give me details of how do i do it? whr do i buy from? how much will a 2003/2004 baleno engine cost? will it make any difference in the Fuel Efficiency? & finally, u cant predict average speeds in bombay, can u? i usually go to the gym (2km) & to play football in a ground (3kms). so usually the roads r all dug up. otherwise, if the roads r empty (once a bluemoon) i revv it up mostly.
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:58   #10
BHPian

well its done 32,319 kms & dont even ask about the brakes. its like when i drive dad's ikon sometimes & come back to drive the zen......i feel like the brakes have failed or something :(
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
well thanx for all those advices. i will keep everything to note! i will soon put the car in the maruti service station very soon, get it tuned up & let u guys noe about it. well where can i get 'octane booster' ? never heard of it so..what does it do exactly? & i fill my car wid the standard unleaded fuel from BP . i also used speed93 for a couple of months, but it was no good. as for the tire & wheel alignment, i dunno whether it will help but i will certainly check that out too. & yes, i would love to have a Baleno Engine (B-zen as u guys say) in my car. can some1 give me details of how do i do it? whr do i buy from? how much will a 2003/2004 baleno engine cost? will it make any difference in the Fuel Efficiency? & finally, u cant predict average speeds in bombay, can u? i usually go to the gym (2km) & to play football in a ground (3kms). so usually the roads r all dug up. otherwise, if the roads r empty (once a bluemoon) i revv it up mostly.
According to iceman it costs around 1.5 with engine. ask the expert ICEMAN
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:18   #12
BHPian

1.5!!!!, man thats out of my hands at the moment. i heard some1 saying that a 2004 baleno engine was going for 75k. would be little interested if i would get a deal like dat. & definately i'll get in touch with iceman
Old 23rd February 2005, 16:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

need to check if your engine is healthy. check the compression. spark plugs and last oil change done. also get a good service donw where in the following ids checked:
1. carb
2. fuel tank
3. compression
4. spark plugs
5. oil.
6. fuel filter.
7. exhaust
you will get your answer in these things
Old 24th February 2005, 01:20   #14
BHPian

will make a point gettin all that checked iceman...thanks

Most Viewed